PDA

View Full Version : Using a Wax and a Paint Sealant Together.

B.T.
05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
I will be adding more paint protection to my car very soon. When I do, I will be waxing and adding a paint sealant to it. Which should go on first? Sealant or wax. FYI, I will be claying the car first then adding the protection. The paint sealant has no cleaner in it, while the wax has mild cleaners in it.

Wax is Mothers FX Synwax"

Paint Sealant is "Chemical Guys Top Coat Sealant."

natebood
05-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Sealant first, then wax.

miked2
05-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, sealant always before wax. But before the sealant, make sure that you do the right prep -- clay, and cleaning if needed. Waxes that have mild cleaners in it I`ve found don`t take off the sealant. But you wouldn`t want to use a product that`s advertised as a cleaner/wax over a sealant. The more pure the wax, the better.

FreeBIZZ
05-22-2006, 04:40 AM
while the wax has mild cleaners in it.

If you put a wax with cleaners in it over a sealant, you will be taking off some of the sealant. Only use a wax without cleaners over a sealant.

imported_Neothin
05-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Sealants are made to be durable. with the very mild cleaners found in the mothers product, i wouldn`t give it too much thought :P just make sure that you give the sealant a proper curing time (12-24 hours) so that when you do apply the wax, the sealant is at its full hardiness.

Sherman8r44
05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Wax is Mothers FX Synwax"

Paint Sealant is "Chemical Guys Top Coat Sealant."

Actually, in this case it`s the other way around...

Although Mothers FX Synwax is called a "wax" on the bottle, it is in actuality a full synthetic polymer sealant. NO carnauba.

However, CG TopCoat is a sealant that contains some carnauba!

So, go Synwax first, then TopCoat.

Mamamia
05-23-2006, 07:22 AM
What is the diffrence then between say a MOTHERS FX that is a sealant and say a Klasse that is also a sealant? Does FX need a curing time of 12 to 24 hours as well?