PDA

View Full Version : Customer wants maximum wet-look on metallic silver

mud duck
05-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I’ve seen good results from AIO/SG and I really like the look of FMJ, but I have yet to try the new trigger, FK1, or Zanio. That said, I’m not ruling out waxes eitherâ€â€Pinnacle XMT carb glaze followed by Souveran looks promising.

Recommendations/experiences?

SilverLexus
05-21-2006, 02:46 PM
The wettest my car has looked is the Zaino combination Z-PC/Z6/Z2Pro/ZFX/Z8.

AIO and Souveran looks great if you want to go carnauba but you give up a lot of durability.

strauss
05-21-2006, 02:50 PM
My vote goes for the Werkstatt Acrylic trigger. I just love his stuff on all colors....on light colors I don`t even bother with a carnuba topper....just AJ/T alone. Super slick finish, and very reflective/wet look......and not to mention the ease of application :eek:

Here is a Apex silver EVO VIII that I used werkstatt prime on, followed by 2 coats of AJ/T:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/EVO_4.jpg

budman3
05-21-2006, 02:50 PM
I had KSG topped with OCW during the winter and that looked really good on my silver truck.

shortspark
05-21-2006, 07:16 PM
My billit silver Honda gets AIO/SG. However, two days ago I tried Jeff`s Jett over the AIO and it looks as good as the SG. In a another day or two I`ll give it a swipe of Jeff`s Acrylic Gloss and see what that does. The Jett looks every bit as good as the SG. Now the question is will the Jett`s durability be as good?

imported_flatstick
05-21-2006, 07:57 PM
[quote name=`strauss`]My vote goes for the Werkstatt Acrylic trigger. I just love his stuff on all colors....on light colors I don`t even bother with a carnuba topper....just AJ/T alone. Super slick finish, and very reflective/wet look......and not to mention the ease of application :eek:

I will go with your vote as well and mention that it also does a nice job on wheels. also durability has been great for me so far :cool:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/flatsticks/48df0221.jpg

Scottwax
05-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Werkstatt`s Prime topped with Souveran would be the deepest and wettest.

Envious Eric
05-21-2006, 09:59 PM
tried nxt and souveran.....souveran won by a landslide on a pontiac i did....megs #80 and souveran and quick detailer

mud duck
05-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the inputs all--I`m leaning towards Werstatt w/Souveran topper. I`ll likely go with AJ for those who don`t want to do the maintainance.

imported_Neothin
05-22-2006, 05:43 PM
I`ve had really good experiences with the XMT `nuba finishing glaze. I did a champagne G35 with it and then topped with natty`s blue. Even in direct sunlight, the wetness was quite evident.

Solo Cali
05-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Wet, on Silver? That`s tuff. Slick, yes. No offence but Silver just is a tuff color to make look "WET". I say go with the ever so famous Clay, AIO, Z2-Pro combo. The LSP, well since it`s Silver I say go with Natty`s or S100/P21S. The following day ofcorse(24hr cure time).

Scottwax
05-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the inputs all--I`m leaning towards Werstatt w/Souveran topper. I`ll likely go with AJ for those who don`t want to do the maintainance.

AJ is a very wet looking sealant, basically, the advantage Souveran has is additional depth. I`d try Prime/AJ and see how you like it first and then toss Souveran into the mix as an additional cost option.