PDA

View Full Version : Washing Sheepskin Mitts

tustah
05-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I`ve read through the threads and I decided to throw my wash mitts in the cycle. After drying them inside out, it looks wonderful and still works great! Done it 3 times already.

My question is:

Is there a more cost-effective way to clean the mitts and still maintain quality? Throwing in 2 mitts by themselves for a wash wastes a lot of water and electricity.

imported_Aurora40
05-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Buy more mitts. I usually wait until I have about 5 or so before doing a wash. After using them, I squeeze them out as well as I can, then hang them up to dry, then toss `em in a bag until I`ve got a few more that need washing.

a.k.a. Patrick
05-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Why dont you just agitate in a clean bucket with some gentle soap? Rinse, dry, wallah?

JasonD
05-21-2006, 05:20 PM
I wash my mitts, mf towels, and terry towels all at the same time. I`m sure there`s probably some cross contamination of some kind, but not enough for me to notice. Everything comes out nice and clean.

Evenflow
05-21-2006, 06:29 PM
I wash my mitts, mf towels, and terry towels all at the same time. I`m sure there`s probably some cross contamination of some kind, but not enough for me to notice. Everything comes out nice and clean.

Same with me

wannafbody
05-21-2006, 08:38 PM
make sure to use WOOLIGHT for those mitts :LOLOL

imported_Neothin
05-22-2006, 01:01 PM
as with the first reply, why not go out and get more mitts? I use 5-10 easily with just one wash (yes, a little crazy, but i get hardly any swirling!). at 5 bucks a pop @ walmart, they really aren`t all that expensive anyways.

PelTTing
05-22-2006, 01:59 PM
as with the first reply, why not go out and get more mitts? I use 5-10 easily with just one wash (yes, a little crazy, but i get hardly any swirling!). at 5 bucks a pop @ walmart, they really aren`t all that expensive anyways.

Same here, I was at walmart just yesterday and picked up 4 more mitts. I usually spray them off really good, squeeze out the water and wait to wash until I have several dirty.

drck1000
05-22-2006, 02:15 PM
After washing, I throw my wash mitts in the wash bucket (the bucket with the shampoo water in the 2 bucket method) and let if soak while I dry the car down. After I am through with the car, I rinse them down with clean water until I hardly see any suds when I wring it out and then I hang to dry. I haven`t been throwing them into a washing machine or applying any kind soap other than letting it soak in the wash bucket.

Should I be washing the mitts with some liquid detergent or something else to keep them clean? It seems like soaking them in the wash bucket and a good rinse keeps them pretty clean.

I also have started using one mitt for the top part of the car (roof down to near the bottom of the door) and another for the below this trip piece on the sides of my car and the bottom areas of the front and rear bumper. It seems those are the only two areas that make my wash mitt black or grey when I wash.

tustah
05-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Oh BTW, I`ve been carefully selecting the soft full color wash mitts from walmart and I have about 5 of them. I only use about 2 wash mitts for each car though with Optimum No Rinse.

I`ve been washing using 2 gallons. Thinking of cutting it down to 1 instead. What do you guys think?