PDA

View Full Version : sg and ex beading? :(

joyriide1113
03-08-2005, 05:22 PM
before i detailed my car on friday i had 2 coats of sg on it for only like a month and a half the most... the car beaded. yes. but not in tight little circles. more like it sheeted a bit and the beads were in different shapes... not tight little circles..

after i detailed my car on friday i put a coat of sg on at night, washed it in the morning to take off the remainging sg residue, and appled a coat of ex that morning waiting about 30 minutes before i buffed it off... it rained today and the water was in big odd shaped beads but again, not in little circles...

why? did my product not seal properly...?

tubafeak
03-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Sometimes sealants will be formulated so that water does not gather into tight little beads and dry with water spots. I know for a fact that UPP is designed to make the water sheet. The large, oddly-shaped beads have more air resistance. The thought behind this is that if you are driving the water wil just fall off of the car. It is most likely that your beading problem is actually a product design that is beneficial to your car`s finish.

joyriide1113
03-08-2005, 07:08 PM
I HOPE SO... i really liked the way ex looked over sg and i kept thinking that maybe it was my method of leaving sg overnight and then giving it a wash to remove that might of messed with it...