PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Aquawax...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

wannafbody
05-18-2006, 04:12 PM
I picked up a bottle today and tried it on a panel on our pewter van. I sprayed it directly on the panel and did a WOWO. It producted a very nice glossy shine with good depth, sharp reflections, great metallic pop and a slick surface. I applied it over 5 month old collinite 845. At $8 for 22 ounces it`s a great value and available OTC at Carquest.

imported_Gears
05-18-2006, 04:23 PM
How would you compare it to OCW? Better/worse, apples to oranges? Please save me before I buy something else I don`t really need. But then I do have a Car Quest store just a few miles from my house.

I feel that buying urge coming.

wannafbody
05-18-2006, 04:32 PM
I`ve never used OCW but some Duragloss AW users prefer it over OCW. From my understanding it is a full synthetic product. Some have compared it to Z8. I`d love to see a Z8, DAW comparison.

AL-53
05-18-2006, 04:44 PM
The Aquawax is very good stuff..Like wannafbody said..great shine...nice depth..very slick

I put it on my truck a few weeks ago and then we had 9 days of rain..rain just beaded like crazy..one thing I find with the duragloss stuff...they all compliment each other...

I did my girlfriends car before winter with the duragloss line...using the bonding agent and the clearcoat polish...and I must say..her car beaded all winter...very durable stuff...and the shampoo is top notch...leaves the paint clean and slick...the whole line is very over looked...

Al

wannafbody
05-18-2006, 05:01 PM
IMO Duragloss wash is better than Gold Class.

ncsu602
05-19-2006, 03:55 PM
One thing I`ve noticed about Duragloss Aquawax is that it gets slicker overnight. I used it on my black Camaro ontop of Zaino and it seemed to be better the next day.

wannafbody
05-19-2006, 06:21 PM
did it change the look of the Zaino? I`m considering trying over some Z2 pro. Have you ever tried putting Z over the DAW? Did it bond?

ncsu602
05-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Sorry for the delay, I haven`t been on in a few days. It seemed to add a little depth to it, but I was inside in not the best lighting conditions. This was also over 3 month old Zaino. I was impressed with it, but I`ve never used Z8 so I have nothing to actually compare it to. I used it on my fiancee`s Silver Nissan over 2 month old 845 and was really impressed there.

I haven`t tried Z over it yet, but I really don`t think it`s that much different from Z8. That`s my opinion of Duragloss......it`s not quite Zaino, but still as good or better that most stuff I have.

SB_92_MX5
05-21-2006, 08:08 AM
I picked up a bottle of the Aquawax and tried it yesterday. I have a red 1992 Miata. When I last detailed my car I clayed, used ColorX followed by a coat of Collinite 845 IW. The Aquawax is very impressive. This product produces a super slippery finish and gives great pop to the Collinite.

I am sold on it....for less than $7...it`s a great product and price.

PINITI
05-21-2006, 01:02 PM
For those who have tried both - How does it compare to the "Slickquidity" of FK 425? (nice term, huh?)

Spilchy
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I use AquaWax all the time and use it as my final wipe down on every car that I top with either a wax or sealant (their 111, #21 and CG M Seal - the only sealants I own). It really adds gloss and seems to clear up the finish rather than make it look deeper - almost like it brightens up the surface. It adds the typical wetness and reflectiveness that most surfaces obtain after a spray of some sort is applied.

I`m not one for all of these "deeper, wetter, warmer, glossier" type descriptions, but I feel pretty confident in my description of noticing the above difference once I apply on top of the LSP.

My favorite combo is 845 IW topped with AquaWax basically because I use IW almost all the time for the past few years.

Its slickness reminds me of most detailed surfaces! I used Mothers FX Spray Wax today after a wash and it left just as slick a surface.

To be honest - AW, OCW, Mothers FX Spray, EO WAUD and QD`s like 425, etc... all leave similar slickness on a freshly detailed surface. Slickness is more of a feel good physical thing than anything else in my opinion and should have no real bearing if we`re going for looks and durability.

I wouldn`t compare it to 425 because AW is a spray wax and 425 is a QD. The AW belongs to the lines of spray waxes / sealants utilized as stand alone protection products, not the traditional QD`s (like 425 and the handfuls of others) used to clear up smudges, finger prints, light dust, etc...

Overall, if you want a cost effective final, NON carnauba spray with no cleaners and genuine protection with a very, very nice look, the AW is something to consider if you`re still searching for a spray product or want to experiment with yet another product.

PINITI
05-21-2006, 02:51 PM
For those who have tried both - How does it compare to the "Slickquidity" of FK 425? (nice term, huh?)Allow me to re-phrase my thought. ~ What FK1 product would Duragloss Aquawax be compared to? http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm

wannafbody
05-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Allow me to re-phrase my thought. ~ What FK1 product would Duragloss Aquawax be compared to? http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm

It`s similar to FX100 but the DAW is a full synthetic whereas FX100 is a blend

ncsu602
05-21-2006, 07:16 PM
I`ve got Mothers FX and Aquawax. FX is a great product, but it seems to be gone after about a week. I put Aquawax on my fiancee`s Nissan over 845 IW a month ago. It definitely changed the way the water beaded. It still beads the same way today. I`d be interested to use it as a stand-alone and see what the durability is. I know most people don`t care about durability with something of this nature, but I think it`d be interesting. I washed her car this evening and I could still tell it was there. This is on a car that sits outside 24/7.

imported_NHBFAN
05-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Is Aquawax as easy to use as OCW?