PDA

View Full Version : Confused - not sure what to do

falcon_on
05-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I have a brand new vehicle, 3 weeks old. I`ve gotten paint protection on it from the dealer. I`m told it is a teflon based product and is like wax. Is guaranteed for life and they might apply it every two years (yeah right).

When it rains, the water is still beading off the paint.

Here is the dilemma. So far I have just washed the car, once a week. Now, I`m thinking of using Zaino. I was thinking to just use z2+zfx and then z6. As maintenance, do z6 once a week and re-apply z2 every two months. Then claybar next spring. I figured that that paint protection is still there and I saw no real reason to try and take it off. Maybe I`m wrong here.

It has been suggested to me to wash the car with Dawn, then claybar, to get rid of whatever was there and other impurities. What do you guys think? First, is claybar necessary/recommended at this stage? Second, I`ve read a lot of people have used Dawn and recommend it, but there has also been some criticism as to its use.

Please provide some guidance.

jvriii1942
05-18-2006, 05:21 PM
The paint protection from the dealer is probrably half gone by now. I would take it off and add your own protection asap. Since the paint is new water will beed for a while with no protection. About the Zaino some say it has the best and longest lasting protection. I don`t use it. Dawn is a good start to preping your paint for whatever product is chosen. It will remove most if not all products that are on the vehicle. Clay will improve prep and can be used on new vehicles especially ones with raildust on them. I use clay on every vehicle I detail and every time I wax mine.

It`s all about preference.

Driven-528e
05-18-2006, 05:55 PM
But clay will remove any product on there, so I suggest using a dedicated car wash that is made for washing cars, not dishes. Car wash soaps have additives to reduce washing induced swirl marks, allow for better drying, and have conditioning agents.

Tasty
05-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Dealer paint protection packages.... :LOLOL

imported_themightytimmah
05-18-2006, 08:51 PM
I`d AIO or Z-PC it actually. If the dealership sealant is decent, Dawn might not do it. Also, never wash a dirty car with Dawn, it doesn`t lubricate very well. Wash once with a good soap, then soap it up with Dawn and rinse off.

falcon_on
05-19-2006, 04:28 AM
Hmmm, so will clay remove all there is to remove or some will be left behind?

Dawn, good old dawn. Some people say it`s not good for plastics and rubber yet others use it. Don`t know, maybe there are negative effects to using it but no one has really noticed them. Yes, I know, it`s been used for so many years.

Now I got to learn new vocabulary. I know AIO is Klassen but not sure which product. Z-PC, not sure about this one either (zaino porter cable?).

Any more advice would be appreciated. I`m thinking, wash, clay, wash, and then do the protection. Dawn application is still in the air.

seth812
05-19-2006, 04:44 AM
klass aio is klasse all in one

z-pc is zainos version of a polish that you can use with a porter cable

falcon_on
05-19-2006, 05:30 AM
klass aio is klasse all in one

z-pc is zainos version of a polish that you can use with a porter cable

Now I feel silly... :thx

seth812
05-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Now I feel silly... :thx