PDA

View Full Version : the `good-bye` cars of 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3

BigAl3
05-18-2006, 08:49 AM
anyone going to miss any of these? http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4023981

Joshua312
05-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Im suprised the RSX is ending production - the GTO in my opinion is a great looking car...The Phaeton to me was an oversized passat on the outside, but a beauty on the inside, it`s too bad it didnt have the exterior to drool over with it`s price tag. Oh well, with all these cars going away, Im sure we will see bigger and better things...

SpoiledMan
05-18-2006, 09:08 AM
RSX never sold well and apparently doesn`t fit the "marketing strategy" going forward. There have been TSX coupe rumors but so far they are just that.

There is also news that the GTO is to be replaced.

BlackMach1
05-18-2006, 10:23 AM
the GT was a planned limited production. Ford`s intentions were to kill it off before the 2007 model year because it won`t pass the new side crash standards that go in effect for the 2007.

TigerMike
05-18-2006, 10:35 AM
I won`t really miss any on that list, except maybe the GTO. I do love american muscle cars (and fast cars in general, american or foreign), and even though I never owed a GTO, they are the kind of car you like to see roll by, just to hear the exhaust burble. It was a great car in concept, but needed a more in your face/radical approach, than looking like something run-of-the-mill from Oldsmobile. Something that elicited raw emotion and got your blood boiling at just the mere sight. I mean, look at the Solstice/Sky cars! They are flying off showrooms because of the unique design and reasonable pricing! And, with gas near (or at, depending on where you are) $4/gallon, the GTO just doesn`t command a market, except with all but the purists (shich apparently there aren`t many). Also, I think the pricing should have stayed in the mid to upper $20s. All JMO.... I will still miss it.... If anything though, given the limited production run, it should make the car quite the classic in years to come.

jchetty
05-18-2006, 10:55 AM
bye ford gt :bawling:

awahl63
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Not really gonna miss any of em

holland_patrick
05-18-2006, 12:18 PM
One car they forget though...

BigAl3
05-18-2006, 01:05 PM
i`ve always like the rsx, sad to see it go. it seems like the honda civic si seems to be the popular choice/alternative these days....

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/gallery/c450153a.jpg http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2006/civic_si/exterior_gallery/large4.jpg

imported_Chris223
05-18-2006, 07:46 PM
I`m kinda dissapointed about the Hummer... there goes the coolest looking, beastly and quite possibly best off road vehicle ever created.

chml17l
05-18-2006, 08:12 PM
I`ll miss the RSX. I`d love to see a hotter version of the Civic Si in the Acura stable. Dumping the RSX for some cross-over SUV (RDX) sucks Acura. I would never pick a sports car wannabe SUV over a proper sporty hatchback.

holland_patrick
05-18-2006, 08:21 PM
No one knows what other truck was CUT in 2006...

imported_Picus
05-18-2006, 08:35 PM
I think Acura is trying to go more upmarket, so they cut the RSX since the Si is now very much over-lapping in terms of styling, performance etc... Now they just need to ditch the CSX in Canada. :)

JaCkaL829
05-18-2006, 08:42 PM
I think Acura is trying to go more upmarket, so they cut the RSX since the Si is now very much over-lapping in terms of styling, performance etc... Now they just need to ditch the CSX in Canada. :)

Yup, with Honda loading up the new Civics, I can see why sales for the RSX dropping, although I`ll miss them. They are still a very popular car(in my area), and I see them everywhere so it`s not like I won`t see them anymore. I`m wondering if they`ll sell them cheaper at the end of the year just to get rid of them?

I read the RSX is too cheap and is the "oddball" in the Acura family which is why they wanna drop it, and come out with a TSX coupe.

holland_patrick
05-18-2006, 09:19 PM
ok ok noone is biting...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/holland_patrick/IMG_5577.jpg

as of april the last of the baja`s rolled of the USA plant...

tis said but i have a collector`s item now.