PDA

View Full Version : New Truck to detail!!!!

05SilverTRD
03-07-2005, 11:11 PM
I got tired of paying so much for gas here in California that I had to get rid of the Avalanche. The lift and the 4WD got me about 12mpg on a good day. I went out on Sunday night and picked this up. It is a 2005 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner with the TRD Sport package. It has a 4.0 V6 that puts out 245HP. I really like the truck a lot and I have heard a lot of good things about Toyota. Here are some pics, I haven`t washed it yet. Now, before you get too mad at me, I had surgery about 2 weeks ago and I am not able to bend and reach to wash it yet. I am going to give it a try this weekend and see how I feel.

ndnguy
03-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Jealous? I think so!! Nice truck bro! Also I can attest to the toyota thing, very very reliable and you can litterally drive em to the they fall apart!

audiboy
03-08-2005, 12:09 AM
nice truck. my family used to own all toyotas at one point. they are great vehicles and i doubt you will be dissapointed.

JaredPointer
03-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Nice truck! :bigups I have really enjoyed my `05 so far. I got the 6 foot bed instead of the shorter bed like you have to put a 4 wheeler in the back. I also like how the bed rails have all kind of things you can slide in them. I just bought me a bike fork apparatus so I can put my bike back there instead of the tow hitch Yakima carrier I was using. I also really like how the TRD have the sport seats in them. I sat in the standard seats and the sport ones are A LOT more comfy.

If you can keep your foot out of the gas, you might get the 22 MPG highway, but I have been getting around 20 strictly on interstate driving. That`s better than 12 MPG!!!!!

Good luck with your truck and hopefully you`ll post some more pics in the future so we can see whose is cleaner!!!! Hahahahahaha!!

tkr128
03-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Nice truck! I really like the new Tacoma, it`s pretty awesome how well built it is. Good color choice too! Is that the short bed or the long bed?

The V6 is also pretty good on gas. I have the same engine in my 4Runner and I`ve been able to get as high as 25.6 MPG by being easy on the gas! It`s also pretty powerful and has been trouble free so far. 32k miles and no problems.

Definately post some more pics after you give it a good detail. Congrats!

JaredPointer
03-08-2005, 10:34 AM
This is the "long" bed. It`s not actually long, it`s just a normal 73" bed, but with the doublecabs, standard equipment is the shorter 5` bed. The wheelbase length is a little longer too I believe.

DetailQueen
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Sweet truck, very jealous. :hot

05SilverTRD
03-08-2005, 12:17 PM
This is the "long" bed. It`s not actually long, it`s just a normal 73" bed, but with the doublecabs, standard equipment is the shorter 5` bed. The wheelbase length is a little longer too I believe.

Sweet looking truck. I am hoping that my motorcycle will fit in the back of mine. When I regain my stength I will give it a try. I was able to fit in the back of my Avalanche and I belive the bed lengths are similair. I love the sort wheelbase of my truck, the thing turns on a dime compared to what I am use to.

Usta HaveA Hemi
03-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Here is my new truck. I hope this works. :beat

http://tinypic.com/21xv0p

Usta HaveA Hemi
03-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Hey it works. Now that you see my truck what should I use on it. I wasted the money on paint sealant, 120 wax job. Should I clay it on the next nice day and then what? I don`t mean to hijack this thread but I did anyway :moon: LOL

Thanks! Usta

JaredPointer
03-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Sweet looking truck. I am hoping that my motorcycle will fit in the back of mine. When I regain my stength I will give it a try. I was able to fit in the back of my Avalanche and I belive the bed lengths are similair. I love the sort wheelbase of my truck, the thing turns on a dime compared to what I am use to.

If your motorcycle won`t fit, why not get the bed extender apparatus? It might give you the extra length you need. It`s great that you like the truck`s handling so far. It is a HUGE step up from the last gen Tacomas. It`s like going from an economy car to a luxury sedan. :) The shorter beds do have a sportier look though.

JaredPointer
03-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey it works. Now that you see my truck what should I use on it. I wasted the money on paint sealant, 120 wax job. Should I clay it on the next nice day and then what? I don`t mean to hijack this thread but I did anyway :moon: LOL

Thanks! Usta

Picture Resizing Software!!!!!!!!!!!! I`ve had very good results from Poorboy`s products as well as the 4* line. You can`t go wrong with either of those. Just a very general suggestion.

Seriously, you might get a lot more responses by starting your own thread with that question in the title.

05SilverTRD
03-08-2005, 04:34 PM
If your motorcycle won`t fit, why not get the bed extender apparatus? It might give you the extra length you need. It`s great that you like the truck`s handling so far. It is a HUGE step up from the last gen Tacomas. It`s like going from an economy car to a luxury sedan. :) The shorter beds do have a sportier look though.

I thought that the bed extenders just extended the walls of your bed, not the length of it with the tailgate down? I do plan to get one though so that I can leave the tailgate down and still have stuff in the back without fear of it falling out.

JaredPointer
03-08-2005, 04:55 PM
I thought that the bed extenders just extended the walls of your bed, not the length of it with the tailgate down? I do plan to get one though so that I can leave the tailgate down and still have stuff in the back without fear of it falling out.

If you lay your tailgate down and roll the extender gate out (it`s "normal" unused position is folded in, towards the cab of the truck) it will "extend" your bed the length of the tailgate. So, in essence, it will give you a wee bit more "length" to your bed. Don`t know if I explained that correctly, but when you get it you`ll see what I mean. ;)

05SilverTRD
03-08-2005, 05:02 PM
If you lay your tailgate down and roll the extender gate out (it`s "normal" unused position is folded in, towards the cab of the truck) it will "extend" your bed the length of the tailgate. So, in essence, it will give you a wee bit more "length" to your bed. Don`t know if I explained that correctly, but when you get it you`ll see what I mean. ;)

I get ya. I am definately going to get one. They are also useful when they are folded in, the keep stuff from rolling to the front of the bed.