PDA

View Full Version : Logo Creation

Pages : [1] 2

Kyle 0281
05-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Could anyone point me in the right direction for creating a logo? I am just starting out and every bit of information wouold be helpful. Thank you!!

mixxmstrmike
05-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Are you looking for someone to create a logo for you?

Are you looking for computer programs to create a logo?

I don`t want to sound like a *******, but your question can be answered in many different ways. I`m just trying to narrow down your question so the right people can answer it more efficiently.

Thanks,

mike

brwill2005
05-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Check out Logoworks.com, they can make you a professional logo for a good price.

doged
05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
If you have the resources (money) seek out a marketing person in your area . You also can find graphic artist on the web as brad said.

Speaking of logos how do I show (post) my NEW logo for my NEW product line.

Not to highjack the tread but I’m going to be in Santa Barbara, CA. June 3rd for the dog parade. Yes, Doged is going to a dog parade Saturday June 3rd. LOL............... Like to hook-up for a beer and some BS with SB detailers!!!. PM me if you like.

Kyle 0281
05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Yes im looking for someone to design a logo for me. A computer program might not be as efficient and im not that great of an artist, so definitely looking for someone to create a logo.

imported_animes2k
05-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Check out Logoworks.com, they can make you a professional logo for a good price.

As a designer myself, I`d recommend you stay away from logoworks and instead find a local designer that can actually work WITH you to get you a logo that reflects your business and your needs or find a designer online that can supply the same.

LogoWorks works by taking your request, farming it out to a crew of "designers" around the world and presenting their results to you. The "winning" designer earns somewhere around $50 per logo, which at that price you can imagine that there isn`t much thought or originality put into it. LW had been nailed repeatedly for copyright infringement because they have no way to make sure sold logos are truly original.

I know of a couple of online logo design shops that work the RIGHT way, don`t cost a TON of money (well under $1000), but give you the personal service your business deserves, that logo design REQUIRES and you end up with a superior design and aren`t left hanging with "here`s your cheap logo" and that`s it.

As an aside, I don`t really do a lot of logo/trademark work myself so I don`t really stand to benefit personally from my little rant - but logoworks is the tunnel wash of design, complete with heavy brushes and dirty rags for drying.

DeanT
05-17-2006, 11:51 PM
I do logos give me some specifics and we will see what we can come up with

Dean

-Lebowski-
05-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Go to offtopic.com and put a post up for someone to create a logo for you and offer them a $100 pay pal prize. People do it all the time and get what they want. Or PM me and I can get it set up for you.

Jrichards4
05-18-2006, 06:36 AM
I can help create a logo for you as well I am a graphic designer and created this logo for my company. If you would like to see some samples email me @ jricharc@gmu.edu

http://members.cox.net/jrichards4/FullThrottle.gif

brwill2005
05-18-2006, 08:02 AM
So, your saying my logo is not professional looking?

imported_animes2k
05-18-2006, 10:47 AM
No offense intended, Brad - I can`t even really make it out at that size.

brwill2005
05-18-2006, 12:04 PM
None taken. I would not recommend them unless I had a good experience and got a logo that I liked.

antidote11
05-18-2006, 12:10 PM
This message has been deleted.

sQuashed
05-18-2006, 08:56 PM
That banner looks real nice antidote !!

antidote11
05-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Thanks man, I appreciate that !! :wavey