PDA

View Full Version : SG & Modified Bill North

Jesstzn
05-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Its taken a while to see the end of a long term test I did with Klasse SG and my modified version of the Bill North application method. I`m sure that this has been tried before but maybe not this long a term.

Last October I applied SG to the rear drivers door using the Bill North WOWO method and applied 4 layers. As yo uknow SG is a bear ro remove at times and the BN method reduces some of the removal issues.

What I did on the drivers side front door was at the same time I applied 4 Layers of SG but to remove it I let it flash then removed it with a high end M/F towel that I very lightly misted with distilled water. When I say lighty misted I mean if you misted the towel and wiped it on your window you would see no moisture trail.

The result it the SG now became rather easy to remove wether it was on 10 seconds or 5 minutes. I never waited any longer.

In April before I sold the car the drivers front door actually looked a bit glossier still than the rear door .. as for protection .. who knows .. this is a Canadian winter but both doors sheeted equally well.

Right now my current experiment with this method is front door / rear door same side and equal layers of SG ( Modified Bill North ) v/s Zaino 2 Pro on a TL White Diamond Pearl and unless ( and I suspect a inkling of this not much ) I am biased .. the SG is gloosier/wetter/ deeper than the Z2 where both used to be a different kind of generic gloss.

The rest of the car is a combo od Z2/SG/Wolfgamg as shown before.

More the purpose of this post was to share the misting method.

tustah
05-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Great post. Thanks for the follow up!

shortspark
05-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the post. I try to apply the SG so thin that there are no haze issues and usually I succeed. I think the wowo method is the way to go as I have found little difference between that and letting it sit. When it sits it is more difficult to remove of course and I use a mist of 3 parts distilled water and 1 part SG. That takes care of it every time. Unless I see a noticeable difference in gloss (I take it yours was a slight difference?), I will just continue to use the BN method and not worry about it.