PDA

View Full Version : Costco MF

Glowin97x
05-16-2006, 09:32 PM
I picked up a 24 pack of yellow MF from Costco today. For only 10 bucks I couldnt help it. Haven`t tried the CD test yet. They are from a company called sunset products. Anyone heard of them?

edit

please move this to the product forum

sorry

mixxmstrmike
05-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I haven`t tried the cd test myself either, but from my initial use, it works well for removing polishes/waxes. I tried it on my test panel, and it did a nice, efficient job. The nap is not that thick, and seems "kinda" stiff actually so I rendered them for door jamb/engine use.

For the price, it`s hard to beat.

-Mike

BigAl3
05-16-2006, 10:00 PM
like the sam`s club mf`s... they`re good for door jams, etc...

sumptimwong
05-16-2006, 11:44 PM
For OTC microfibers, many member here also recommend the Vroom brand from Target. I have a 12 pack myself, and am quite pleased with them for polish and wax removal.

ScottFern
02-27-2007, 09:30 PM
I just bought these exact MF towels this past weekend and I just rubbed one on a blank CD-R disc and there are no scratches on the bottom (write side) of the disc.

My own noticeable complaint is that the towel shed a little onto the disc.

JiggleRacing
02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
sams club has same deal and the towels dont have tags which is nice.

BlackElantraGT
02-28-2007, 12:58 AM
The Sam`s club towels are slightly more expensive. Cost has it for $8.XX while Sam`s club has theirs for $11.XX if I recall correctly. I also like the fact that I don`t have to worry about ripping the tags off of the ones I buy from Sam`s Club.

LastDetail
02-28-2007, 01:26 AM
The only downside to these towels is that they start to lose their plushness after a couple washes. Plus it`s a real PITA to remove all those damned tags. I mean really why do they have to put a tag on EVERY SINGLE TOWEL!?(end rant)

I have a whole bunch and they are great for wax/polish removal until they lose their softness and then I too use them for door jams and interior.

BigAl3
02-28-2007, 01:46 AM
haven`t had any experience with the costco mf`s, but the sams (hometex) are pretty decent...

slobu
02-28-2007, 02:11 AM
yeah, i don`t see any microfiber towels at the costco by my house. they had 3 pack of microfiber wash mitts and 1 microfiber drying towel for $10 last time i went.

Big Kahuna
02-28-2007, 03:00 AM
sams club has same deal and the towels dont have tags which is nice.

You`re right. I just looked at my Sam`s mf and no tags!

When I do a full detail on friends cars, I just tell them to buy pack from CC or Sam`s. It does a decent job. After a couple of washes, then it`s jam and wheel duty.

I found a couple of older CC towels, about two years old. The older ones do seem to have a longer nap than the current ones. Hey, $10 for 24 towels!

Changeling
02-28-2007, 04:04 PM
I checked out the ones at Costco and they definitely were not near as good as the ones at WM or especially the ones at K Mart (Viking brand). I bought them, (Costco) but use them on glass around the house (windows), where they are all right, but nothing special.

The ones I bought at K mart were the best I`ve seen for the price. Someone on this web site, described there quality in a post but I forgot his name. I hope I thanked him for the information!

Changeling

AUdakota
02-28-2007, 04:41 PM
For OTC microfibers, many member here also recommend the Vroom brand from Target. I have a 12 pack myself, and am quite pleased with them for polish and wax removal.

I just went yesterday and they had the larger real plush blue MF packs of two marked down for 1.98. I went ahead and bought two packs and they passed the CD test so I think they will work good for wax removal

STG
02-28-2007, 05:06 PM
It`s a PITA to remove the tags from the Costco MFs??? It takes a half -second. Maybe it is a PITA to REMEMBER to remove them, but that`s a problem with senility.