PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Sought on Swirl Remover Polish

dschiller
05-16-2006, 08:44 PM
I made the horrible mistake of drying my brand new Lexus IS350 a few times with an old terry cloth towel and now I`m paying the price of countless hours trying to remove the swirl marks with my PC 7424. My first few hours were spent using the Sonus SFX-2 with the SFX-2 pad (white pad) followed by the Sonus SFX-3 polish and a blue pad. I`ve read lots of posts on the Machine Polishing board to help me. Should I change to or add a step with a different polish and/or pad? The Sonus SFX-1? Poorboy SSR 2.5 (which I couldn`t find at www.autopia-carcare.com; am I searching wrong?)? Four Star Ultimate Swirl Mark Remover? Orange pad instead of the SFX-2 pad? I don`t think it should take 2-3 hours to remove swirls just on my hood.

Thanks,

David

acn684
05-17-2006, 01:34 AM
did u apply pressure? u` need to push down on the pc for it to work, and make sure you`re going slowly

dschiller
05-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Yes, I applied firm pressure up to speed 5-6 and moved at approximately 0.5-1 inch/sec, making several passes.

tustah
05-17-2006, 12:40 PM
I might not be correct, but shouldn`t you be using a yellow or orange cutting pad to remove the swirls, and then finish with the white/blue pad?

dschiller
05-17-2006, 08:19 PM
tustah, I think that could be part of the problem, so I think I will buy a different pad. I`m also hoping to get opinions on the swirl remover polishes I mentioned above. Perhaps I should post this on the machine polishing board?