PDA

View Full Version : Zaino questions

radmanrugg
05-16-2006, 09:28 AM
This is the first time I am about to use Zaino on my 04 Blue Subaru WRX STi. (like a Royal Blue or a bit darker in color).

Some questions.

1. Do you avoid the rubber bits around the car like window seals? With my previous wax experience it would leave a nasty white reside so I have been in the habit of putting down some blue painters tape on the rubber bits.

2. I seen somewhere where someone put Zaino on their windows. My windshield is starting to show pits and scratches but my other windows are ok. I was thinking of either replacing the windshield or trying a glass polish of some type. Also note that I am about to use Aquapel (like RainX but supposedly lasts longer) or the wiping pad from PIAA wiper blade package (not sure which to use or both or neither with Zaino). Any recommendations on the best course of action here?

3. I have a 3m clear bra. I have in the past also masked this off with blue tape to about 1-2 mm over its lip as to not catch wax on the edge leaving that nasty white line. Should I still do this or some other technique?

Thanks

Scott

imported_memnuts
05-16-2006, 09:36 AM
#1 Zaino will not discolor rubber molding. I would still avoid getting any LSP on rubber seals and treat them with a proper perservative.

#2 Zaino works like RainX and Aquapel. I find very little effect (optical) on hiding chips. Your glass will also sparkle after application.

#3 No need to mask off. Zaino will leave no residue at the lip borders.

Welcome to Autopia!!! :hifive:

gmblack3
05-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Zaino will not leave any residue at all.

You can do the side and rear windows with Z2, but I would not use it on the windshield. I have the PIAA blades and they work great.

Nothing to worry about around the clear bra either with Zaino.

EDIT: I should add that I have never tried zaino on the windshield, but it looks like that blkZ28Conv has.

radmanrugg
05-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the quick reply guys. Looks like a bit less work for me. :woohoo:

Sorry my acronym knowledge is not very good yet. What’s LSP? :think:

imported_memnuts
05-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Even though Zaino can be applied to the windshield, I like gmBlack3a, rarely do so. I prefer to cleanse frequently with products like Zaino Glass Polish, Werkstatt Prime and Klasse AIO.

chml17l
05-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the quick reply guys. Looks like a bit less work for me. :woohoo:

Sorry my acronym knowledge is not very good yet. What’s LSP? :think:

Last Step Product

imported_memnuts
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Until you get up to speed, there is a link on the Homepage (upper left corner) that called "Secret Decoder Ring".

Here is the link.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/faq.php?faq=secret_decoder_ring

:wavey

radmanrugg
05-17-2006, 06:01 PM
OK got 3 coats of Z5 on today. Love the results. :spot I know I need to polish a few scratches out and put some chip repair paint on some day but overall this stuff made it look great. Will apply a few coats of Z2 pro tomarrow. The 35cc syringe technique was great. Petsmart gave me a couple for free as it was too much of a pain for them to figure out a cost and charge me. :woot2:

Couple more question.

1. Is there a more aggressive product than Dawn at eating old wax? My Subaru STi has beleve it or not stickers over some screws on the underside of my rear wing that have caught white wax buildup on the edges from the pre zaino days. Its also in a few body gaps where the wing attaches and other places that are very difficult to get at with MF cloth. :hairpull I would not have a wing or hood scoop at all if there was a choice to go with the STi performance. :sosad ok I will quit crying now.

2. Its time for my 3M clear bra to be replaced. Should I need to remove zaino for 3M adhesion will Dawn do the trick or do I need to polish?

:thx for all the help guys.

gmblack3
05-17-2006, 08:05 PM
You should be able to remove zaino with a 50/50 ip/water wipedown for that area.

cheetoh
05-20-2006, 11:08 PM
What is the 35cc Syringe Technique??

imported_memnuts
05-21-2006, 12:24 AM
To remove old paste wax deposits in nock-and-crannies one can use a soft tooth brush or small detailing brush. Remove the majority with a "dry" brush and finish up with a strong mixture of Dawn/water.

Isopropyl alcohol with de-nude any protectant that you may need to cleanse for the invisible bra application area(s).