PDA

View Full Version : SSR 2.5 or 3?

Advent7
05-15-2006, 12:02 PM
I had to wetsand the hood of my dad`s 94 impala to get the orange peel out. So I did the whole wet sanding process. Used some polishing compound to make the 2000 grit marks lighter and finished with some SFX-2 polish. The problem is I know I need a stronger polish. Right now i`m jumping from the compund to a SFX-2 and I`m skipping a step because I don`t have the proper polish.

So I was wondering which of the two SSR 2.5 or 3 would remove the compound scratches. I got the hood to shine and remove some scratches but it`s not enough. I didn`t think I was going to wet sand the hood of the car so I didn`t by a heavy duty polish to complete the full steps to get the scratches out. I have all of the SFX line polish and pads except SFX-1 polish. Thanks and I really appreciate all the work that been put into the site, it`s been very helpful.

-Lebowski-
05-15-2006, 12:15 PM
I would forsure try the 2.5 first, the 3 is some pretty tough stuff. If you use the 3 you will need to use a lower after that to get the maring out. For me 95% of the time I can go from 2.5 right to LSP or PBLSP without issues.

Also look into the Menzerna line, I prefer them over PBs but mostly because I work with the Rotary most of the time.

Way2SSlow
05-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Careful with how deep you go on that hood. My SS is a 94 and the hood has crows feet all over it. I`ve noticed this on a few other palas as well. I think the paint is really starting to show it`s age on the last of the B cars.

Having said that, I have used SSR3 on a few different vehicles. I`m not scared of it in the least. It may be the right product for the job.

1 Clean WS6
05-15-2006, 06:56 PM
What pads are you using??

The LC orange pad (light cut) combined with the polishes you already have might work.

Advent7
05-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Lebowski= I`ll check out the menzerna line.

1 Claan WS6 =I was using the SFX-1 pad.

Way2SSlow = The car was repainted but the person who painted it screwed up the clear coat. I think his gun was spitting, which caused orange peel. Anyways I know not to go to deep and I won`t be able to completely get everything out. Just enough to get get some of the spots out of the hood and make it look decent.

Autopia sent me a $10 off coupon for my b-day so I was wondering could the SFX-1 polish do the same thing as the SSR 2.5 or 3? Sorry for jumping around on questions, but I have so much more to learn.

Thanks for the help and might try the LC light cutting pad. I`m new to the PC world so I`m learning as I go and it`s a lot of fun. Anymore input would be great, thanks.