PDA

View Full Version : When to remove old zaino layer?

MHK
05-14-2006, 09:43 AM
The last time I zaino`d my car was about half a year ago. My question is: Do I have to remove the old layer with dawn (for example)? Or can I just go ahead and put a new coat on?

Thanks for your help

94BlkStang
05-14-2006, 09:56 AM
I would think after 6 months and going through winter that it would be time to at least do a light polishing job before putting on any lsp. I would wash, possibly clay and then polish before doing a coat of Zaino or any lsp.

:waxing:

MHK
05-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks for your quick response. What should I polish with?

manuels_madness
05-14-2006, 10:45 AM
It all depends on what you want to do. If you just want to remove the zaino or if you want to remove swirls. If you want to remove some mild to heavy swirls Menzerna Intensive Polish. If you want to remove the Zaino and some light swirls I would suggest the Menzerna Final Polish II. The Menzerna are the best polishes in my opinion. There are other polishes you could also try like like Poorboy`s SSR line (SSR 2.5). Also there is the Optimum Polish which is also a great line. Either of the three should be great but I would really suggest the Menzerna followed by Optimum and then by Poorboy`s. Just my suggestion.

Brian_Brice
05-14-2006, 12:21 PM
i totally agree with madness, fp2 if you wanna make sure to remove existing lsp. but like most ppl here i wax once a month approx. pollish once a year damn near. so you dont need your soap to remove anything if youre gonna pollish it.

MHK
05-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys. So if I understand this correctly just having zaino products alone is not enough?

JohnZ3MC
05-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys. So if I understand this correctly just having zaino products alone is not enough?

If you`re keeping within the Zaino line of products, you can clay then polish with the new ZPC, it`s an abrasive polish.

-John C.