PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FPII, FMJ Question

bullyx2
05-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Hello. This is my first post. You have a great forum here with a ton of good info. I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could answer for me. I recently purchased a PC and the all the Menzerna products needed from start to finish. My son and were going to do my mom`s car last Thursday. I washed, clayed, and did a layer of IP. That took FOREVER and we realized we were going to be late for dinner reservations. I didn`t want to give here the car back without wax or sealant, so I threw on a quick layer of Meg`s Gold Class. Well, my mom and wife are out today and I have her car again. I`d like to finish it.

After washing, can I go straight to the FPII? Will that remove any of the Meg`s on there?

After that, I will apply the Menzerna glaze and FMJ. How long should the FMJ stay on a vehicle before wiping it off?

Lastly, is this a good combination on a white vehicle? I have done all of it to my dark grey Acura and a friend`s dark silver s2000 and was very happy. (especially the s2k, think I was more comfy with the PC then) I have never done a white car though.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

imported_Picus
05-14-2006, 10:23 AM
1) Yep - as long as you`re happy with the results of the IP in terms of scratch removal you can move right to FPII, it will remove any wax/sealant you have on there.

2) There is no set time really, just let it start to haze. You`ll know it`s ready because it will wipe off very easily with an mf cloth.

3) Yep. I like FMJ on white, and you can use HGAS (high gloss acrylic sealant spray) after washes to boost the protection and glossy look. A lot of folks have been liking Werkstatt AJ and AJ trigger on white lately too, so if you get the "I want to try something new" bug, maybe give that a look. I think you`ll be happy with FMJ for awhile though. :)

bullyx2
05-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks. Yeah, I have been using the HGAS on my car with FMJ and love it. Just wasn`t sure about her white car. Going to start now. Thanks again!