PDA

View Full Version : to wash my car after claying or not...that is the question

Stangmike
05-13-2006, 05:01 PM
so, it doesn`t say anywhere in the instructions to wash the car after you clay it, but reading on here i`ve seen in more then one place to wash the car a second time after claying the car.

So my question is should i wash the car after the clay, or go straight to my DCS system, and finish up?

White95Max
05-13-2006, 05:55 PM
If you`re going to polish afterwards, it`s not necessary. Some people see leftover residue after claying and prefer to wash that off before proceeding. It`s all a matter of preference.

jvriii1942
05-13-2006, 07:14 PM
I agree it`s preference. Usually I wipe as I go (no need to chamois) then polish. If it is hot and the lube dries fast QD and a MF does the trick. When I`m feeling extra picky a second wash may occur.

example: wash don`t dry, clay and wipe one panel at a time, polish...

VroomVroom
05-13-2006, 07:23 PM
I keep the hose close by and rinse each section after claying. Seems to do the trick without needing a re-wash.

sumptimwong
05-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Since I work under the sun, I just wash the car, dry it completely, and then clay a small section at a time. I use QD and a few Vroom MF towels, works well for me.

D Tailor
05-14-2006, 04:41 AM
I polish right over everything. No wiping, no rinsing, just polishing. Saves me time and always leave the paint squeaky clean with no marring.

imported_Surfer
05-14-2006, 06:24 AM
I just give it a quick Iso Alcohol rubdown, get`s off what little residue may be one there and gives a little more cleaning prep for polishing. We have a couple trucks, I`m not going to wash, clay, then wash again lol.