PDA

View Full Version : collinite metal wax

imported_steveo3002
05-13-2006, 02:15 PM
i noticed collinite has a metal wax..from the marine section,

The easy to use liquid metal wax cleans and protects chrome, aluminum, copper, brass and stainless steel in one easy step. Will safely remove rust and salt deposits while protecting marine fittings/accessories and car, truck, and motorcycle metal finishes. Contains neither strong acid, nor harsh alkali

sounds like it maybe good for bare polished wheels and exhaust tips ect..should protect well if its for marine use

anyone used it??

jonw440
05-13-2006, 02:22 PM
i noticed collinite has a metal wax..from the marine section,

The easy to use liquid metal wax cleans and protects chrome, aluminum, copper, brass and stainless steel in one easy step. Will safely remove rust and salt deposits while protecting marine fittings/accessories and car, truck, and motorcycle metal finishes. Contains neither strong acid, nor harsh alkali

sounds like it maybe good for bare polished wheels and exhaust tips ect..should protect well if its for marine use

anyone used it??

It works great on Chrome,Aluminum,Stainless steel,brass,copper,etc. JUST DON`T USE IT ON CLEAR COATED WHEELS!!(I tried it and scratched mine)

But it doesn`t scratch the above metals. I cleaned my Coleman Commercial gas grill last week then polished the Stainless Steel with it. It polishes everything back to like or better then new. I don`t think it will last on the hood, but the side panel,doors and shelves look fantastic.

imported_steveo3002
05-13-2006, 02:40 PM
i run bare polished wheels so its got me intrested...how does it compare to other metal polishes?

is it likely to restore tarnished/weathered alloy at all

imported_themightytimmah
05-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Doubtful if they`re really bad, but if theyre not in too terrible shape it should work. I`d try English Custom Polishes` metal restorer, follow it with the Collinite.

imported_steveo3002
05-13-2006, 02:52 PM
i dont really struggle to get em to a decent shine, but id sure like the collinte level of protection

GlossyTundra
05-14-2006, 06:52 AM
That product is designed for marine t-tops and aluminum rails. I used it on our boat and After 4 weeks, the beads are still tight and not a water spot in sight.