PDA

View Full Version : New to this board.Question about Meguiar`s #7 and Einszett Glanz Wax

Jeroen
05-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Hi all,

I`m planning on full detailing my car soon and found out that I can get the Meguiar`s products as well as some 3M products in the Netherlands(can`t get the nice detailing stuff like you have in the US here :( ), I`m not sure about all the pro series products from Meguiar`s but I contacted them last week and hope to hear soon what products they can get me.
Now these are my steps I plan to do,
1 wash(Sonax or Meguiar`s shampoo) and dry
2 Clay
3 Remove swirls with Meguiar`s #9
4 Meguiar`s #7 show car glaze
5 Wax, plans are to use Einszett Glanz Wax.
I`ve heard that when I want to glaze before I wax my car, I shouldn`t use Meguiar`s wax because it`s a cleaner wax and it would strip off the glaze so I was recommended to use the Einszett Glanz Wax(heard good things about Einszett). Now my question is, since I`ve read you can`t layer Einszett Glanz wax due to high solvent content, doesn`t Glanz wax remove the glaze?
Thanks for any info
:)

Btw. car is a cosmosblack metallic BMW. Currently using Sonax products, Sonax Extreme wax #1(carnauba paste wax). I like the wax but it doesn`t last long.

jgv
05-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Hi, and welcome. It`s good to see someone from the old Europe on DC.

About your questions, if you plan on using Megs #7 don`t use the Einzsett GW, use in stead Megs #26, or, use 3M Perfect-IT III Machine Polish, Finishing Glaze and then a Carnauba Wax. You could also use Poorboys EX as a final wax. PM me if you`re interested, I have some extra bottles of it.

Here`s a pic of a black BM with this combo:

Boss_429
05-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Jeroen,

First, welcome to DC. Second, one of our members "jgv" who lives in Portugal uses the Einszett wax. I`m sure he`ll be buy to give his opinion. In the meantime, your steps look fine. Also, not all Meguiar`s waxes are "cleaner" waxes. Which one in particular were you going to use? Many people back here top the #7 with #26 with great success!

One last thing, if durability is a primary issue with your detailing, you may want to consider a synthetic sealant system, or a carnauba/synthetic system.

Boss_429
05-18-2003, 03:35 PM
jgv,

Wow, you beat me to the punch! :D

jgv
05-18-2003, 03:40 PM
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/lamer.gif
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/c0/haha.gif

Jeroen
05-19-2003, 02:27 AM
Thanks guys.
Wow jgv that Bimmer looks great!!
I guess I better use Megs #26 then:) Is #26 a carnauba/synthetic wax? How about durability and shine of #26, easy on/off? It was about durability that I was thinking about Einszett GW, heard it`s easy on/off as well but I currently wax the car every 3 to 4 weeks, sometimes even less so I don`t mind waxing the car regularly it`s only a problem in the winter when the weather doesn`t allow you to wax that often.
Btw. I`m using all the products by hand and want to use Megs Quick Detailer in between washes:)
Let`s hope now that they can get me the nice Meguiar`s product I`m looking for, cause I`m really looking forward to try some new stuff on my car:)

jgv
05-19-2003, 03:37 AM
You can use the Einzsett GW, following the #9, or, for better durability than the #26 alone, use the #20 before it.

Jeroen
05-19-2003, 06:01 AM
Hmm I`m now considering #26 and might use #20 before. Do you order your products from Meguiar`s Europe? I contacted them for pro series and mailed them what I need, I hope I get an answer this week so I can order some products.
It`s nice to see more detailing enthusiasts in Europe, most people here use a drive trough carwash instead of doing it by hand they always look a bit weird when you are waxing you car that often.

jgv
05-19-2003, 06:47 AM
I`ve ordered once from them, then I found a Megs distributor in Portugal that only carries some of their pro products. My waxes came from the US, almost everyone anyway, cause I bought the Einzsett and Menzerna locally.

If you want, give me your email address and I`ll send you the spreadsheet they sent me a couple of months ago, with the products they had in stock and the prices.