PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the best products + detail order are??

stang03
05-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Just wondering what products you use and what order you use them in, in order to get the wettest, deepest best looking shine??

Post pics of your detail!!

Thanks

Brent

sumptimwong
05-13-2006, 12:46 AM
I`m still fairly new to Autopia, but I think that a bit of reading here would serve you well. You will quickly learn that there is no cookbook recipe for achieving a perfect finish on a vehicle. The products and the methods which are most appropriate really depend on several factors: condition of the paint, presence of scratches and/or swirls, hardness of the factory clear coat, color, metallic flake, etc.

If you could restate any questions you may have in a more specific way, I`m sure many Autopians would be glad to help. Posting a pic of your finish would go a million miles here.

imported_animes2k
05-13-2006, 01:08 AM
:welcome

It`s all about process and I think David B`s "The Perfect Shine" process embodies the basics that everyone here goes by. There is some tweaking here and there that you CAN do, but this process with good products (such as those Autopia sells in the Perfect Shine kit) will give you a great looking finish. Check out the article at: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-perfect.html

I detailed that black S2000 in those photos and following The Perfect Shine process gets you what you see there. From this:

http://www.noestudios.com/clients/autopia/previews/old_previews/thePerfectShine/00-before_dirty3.jpg

to this:

http://www.noestudios.com/clients/autopia/previews/old_previews/thePerfectShine/370_7013.jpg

It works and is a good place to start. Depending on the look you`re going for, your paint, etc. there may be some places to tweak the process, but this works.

SilverLexus
05-13-2006, 06:32 AM
I think you must first decide carnauba or sealant and then go from there. I like the Pinnacle waxes and I also like the Zaino system. Those have created the best results on my two cars.

imported_NHBFAN
05-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Just wondering what products you use and what order you use them in, in order to get the wettest, deepest best looking shine??

Post pics of your detail!!

Thanks

Brent

Did you say wettest, deepest, and shine in the same sentence? Uh, oh ... you`ve opened 3 cans of worms :lol

stang03
05-13-2006, 08:58 AM
I use Poorboy`s pretty regularly, I was just wondering what worked for others?? Just to see what they use to detail!!

Brent

Solo Cali
05-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Meg`s 83. Meg`s Cleaner Wax. Meg`s #21. Meg`s #26 paste.

Eveyone on this forum will have a different responce to this combo. You either love Meg`s, or dislike Meg`s. I know this for a fact, with a properly washed/clayed painted surface this is a "excelent" combo.

Ofcorse all the sale reps that surf through this forum will have a different point of view with regard to this statement.

To each is own.

Pennypacker
05-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Maybe consider some Jeff`s Werksatt stuff. It`s my personal favorite nowadays. I have yet to use anything from JW that I haven`t liked. (Granted, I`m probably just hyped-up because I used Prime Strong this morning and wow...what a product!)

But really..technique is probably more important than products themselves, especially good washing habits (two buckets, etc). That`s something I`m working on myself. Polishing`s not fun for me. I`d like to avoid it as much as possible.