PDA

View Full Version : Best Polish or (AIO product) for slight Swirl Marks

Shftup
05-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey guys, looking for either a polish or all in one product that will take care of small swirl marks, before I apply FMJ.

I will wash, clay, wash, then above, then FMJ plus HGAS. After that P21S, double/triple coats of FMJ and P21S

Paint is diamond pearl white.

thanks

S

opass
05-12-2006, 10:38 PM
AIO is one of the best chemical cleaner, however, it won`t remove swirl marks.

To remove swirl, you need something like OPC, FPII, SSR 2.5....etc.

mblgjr
05-12-2006, 10:40 PM
For Light swirl marks: SSR 1, XMT 1, etc. work well. The SSR 1 with a white pad usually does the job on white.

SSR 2.5 is usually too aggressive for what I consider to be light swirl marks, even when used with a white pad.

opass
05-12-2006, 10:58 PM
AIO is one of the best chemical cleaner, however, it won`t remove swirl marks.

To remove swirl, you need something like OPC, FPII, SSR 2.5....etc.

Shftup
05-13-2006, 12:01 AM
I dont have a PC, so I will be doing by hand......any problems using the above with hand application?

SenojNW
05-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Only the sore arms when you are finished... get a machine :)

gmblack3
05-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Prime strong? If it will work I think you need a pc.

I have some but hav not tried it yet.

strat81
05-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Megs #80 works great for me on minor-moderate swirling, but I`ve only applied by PC and did some "spot" fixes via hand. I don`t think I`d want to remove swirls over an entire car by hand using any product. Don`t bother wih #09, it`s kinda lame.

You said you wanted to apply multiple coats of FMJ and P21S... if you can afford applying multiple coats of those, you can scrape together the $$$ for a PC. Products, especially LSPs, are only a small part of the results. Plenty of folks here use high-buck stuff, fance boutique products that cost several times what OTC products cost. And even the best guys here have said that they can get great results using OTC products assuming they go through the proper steps.