PDA

View Full Version : Reccomendation on non-agitating wheel spray

groggy23
05-12-2006, 07:02 PM
My rims are very difficult to clean because they have 12 spokes and lots of crevices and what have you. They are the Oz Superleggera 18`s 1st ed. I spent at least a good hour or 2 for at least 2 wheels, cleaning them and such. I do wash my car once a week, wheels are the first thing I do and once I`m done with them, my hands are fatigued from washing them. Do you guys have any good reccomendations on non-agitation wheel spray? The ones where you can spray, leave it and then rinse it off. I am not looking for this to be a permanent solution. I do plan on agitating every 3-4 mo or so by hand and waxing after with NXT.

Thomas Dekany
05-12-2006, 07:07 PM
nxt won`t last on it. bad idea. do you have any sealant?

Best solution to clean the wheels - is to get a small pressure washer. Spray apc on, pressure wash. Done in 5 minutes - ALL 4 WHEELS. :D

groggy23
05-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I know its synthetic but I`ve had good results with it. I do have Klasse AIO, I did use that then claybar, then wax. Unfortunately I don`t have a pressure washer and don`t intend on buying one. I just use my hose nozzle jet stream. But what is "apc"?

Crazy1
05-12-2006, 07:21 PM
I haven`t tryed it ,But I seen pepole get great resluts on other detail forums with Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener .

Thomas Dekany
05-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I know its synthetic but I`ve had good results with it. I do have Klasse AIO, I did use that then claybar, then wax. Unfortunately I don`t have a pressure washer and don`t intend on buying one. I just use my hose nozzle jet stream. But what is "apc"?

For $80 or so you can buy a PW. A bottle of wheels spray is how much? $5? Why wouldn`t you buy one?

I also like nxt, but for wheels (tons of heat) I wouldn`t use it unless you do it weekly.

All purpuse cleaner

Crazy1
05-12-2006, 07:37 PM
(groggy23) do a quick search for reviews on Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener I just saw 3 with pictures and some amazing resluts.

imported_themightytimmah
05-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Poorboy`s Spray + Rinse is great, and basically newbie-proof. Meg`s Wheel Brightener is great too, but it`s a strong acid and can have a bit of a learning curve (dilutions and all).

SpoiledMan
05-12-2006, 07:50 PM
There is NO learning curve to Wheel Brightener. Most all are successful with a 3:1 dilution to clean even the dirtiest wheels. It`s the most cost effective wheel cleaner that I`ve found AND it DOESN`T eat up sprayers for lunch. Used properly, it`s effective and costs pennies per use.

groggy23
05-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks guys. I will rethink the NXT on the wheels and pick up some MEguiars Wheel brightner. Hopefully my local target or walmart carries it.

imported_truzoom
05-12-2006, 08:05 PM
I believe you will have to go to a local detail supply shop, or paint and body equipment. Wheel brightener comes in gallon sizes I think.

Crazy1
05-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Sorry (groggy) you can`t buy Wheel Brightener at Target or Walmart try local auto paint supply stores or online.

groggy23
05-12-2006, 08:10 PM
^Heh your right, just found out from my search unfortunately. Luckily I have a detail shop next to me that sells nothing but p21s, klasse, cobra etc...