PDA

View Full Version : Remove the wax but not the polly under it??

-Lebowski-
05-12-2006, 07:58 AM
I did a test on my hood and right side of the car by putting a wax over a particular polly I have down. I do not like the way the wax looks and want to remove it but I do not want to remove the polly below it (a combo of AJ and UPP) can I do this and how would I do this?

tom p.
05-12-2006, 08:00 AM
I don`t believe there`s any way you can selectively remove a product and not disturb the layers underneath.

It`s time to establish a new baseline!

EMazda3S
05-12-2006, 08:04 AM
What kind of wax did you use? If it`s a pure carnauba, maybe it`s best just to wait a few weeks until it`s gone?

Other than that, I was thinking maybe a mild clay like the Sonus green or perhaps something like the P21S orange wash but that might remove the sealants as well.

My last thought is to keep the wax and top it with FK`s FX-100 which is technically a sealant that can be layered over a carnauba. Many here have had lots of success with the FX-100 over a carnauba and it`s very easy to use.

Eric

-Lebowski-
05-12-2006, 08:05 AM
What kind of wax did you use? If it`s a pure carnauba, maybe it`s best just to wait a few weeks until it`s gone?

Other than that, I was thinking maybe a mild clay like the Sonus green or perhaps something like the P21S orange wash but that might remove the sealants as well.

My last thought is to keep the wax and top it with FK`s FX-100 which is technically a sealant that can be layered over a carnauba. Many here have had lots of success with the FX-100 over a carnauba and it`s very easy to use.

Eric

S100............

-Lebowski-
05-12-2006, 08:06 AM
I would think that perhaps a dawn wash would remove it. Dawn will not harm what is below I know that.

EMazda3S
05-12-2006, 08:12 AM
I don`t know if Dawn will remove any sealants.

S100 should be gone in about a month or so depending on your conditions.

I was disappointed with S100 over Zaino but over AIO alone, it worked well on my car.

How long has it been on? Maybe it`ll improve after a few days, a wash or a QD?

-Lebowski-
05-12-2006, 08:15 AM
I don`t know if Dawn will remove any sealants.

S100 should be gone in about a month or so depending on your conditions.

I was disappointed with S100 over Zaino but over AIO alone, it worked well on my car.

How long has it been on? Maybe it`ll improve after a few days, a wash or a QD?2 days........

Wasatch
05-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Let it just run it`s course.

-Lebowski-
05-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Let it just run it`s course.I dont have that much patience

-Lebowski-
05-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I but a coat of Nattys Blue on her tonight, wow I love that wax. I honestly think that if I could have just one wax, Nattys blue would be it. It sure blows away most others like pink wax and #26 and s100.

imported_Reflections
05-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Dawn isn`t very good because it really dries out your trim and what not. It`s better to use a machine paintwork cleanser to remove any sealants or waxes. An alternative would be to use something like Klasse AIO which will remove any wax or sealant and leave a good acryllic base to layer any sealant or wax on top of.

lex89
05-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Can you clay over an acryllic sealant without worrying about removing it? I.E. AIO-3xSG-Carnauba. Wait a month, carnauba`s gone. Now I want to clay the car (Unnecessary?). Will the SG layers come off?

-Lebowski-
05-13-2006, 09:27 AM
I doubt that clay will remove SG, that stuff is pretty damn tough