PDA

View Full Version : Paste vs. Liquid (in terms of volume)

mandon
05-11-2006, 02:01 PM
How do the different sizes of paste wax compare to liquid? Is an 8oz paste wax about the same as 16oz of liquid wax in terms of number of applications? I have no clue how to judge them against each other.

Steve02SLT
05-11-2006, 02:58 PM
I`m a total newb, but I always used liquid wax (specifically NXT), until recently getting S100, and I can tell that the paste definitaly lasts longer. It`s been used twice on 2 different vehicles, and I`ve used much less paste than I would have used had it been a liquid. Also I think its easier to get a thinner layer on there with a paste, I always ended up with fairly thick layers using a liquid. Also IMO the applicator soaks up less paste than it would a liquid. So I would say paste = more applications.

Accumulator
05-11-2006, 03:14 PM
mandon- Good question, sorry that I don`t have a good answer :o

IMO if you apply your LSP nice and thin either one will last so long that you`ll end up trying something else before it runs out. Most people use a zillion times more than they need.

But a can of good, durable paste wax will last for an incredibly long time, many years if you don`t waste it.

doged
05-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Why do you think the wax companies started promoting liquid over paste? Ease of use or ease of consumption$$$ LOL............

We use Chemical Guy’s spray wax on a Chemical Guy’s applicator and very sparingly

Solo Cali
05-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Why do you think the wax companies started promoting liquid over paste? Ease of use or ease of consumption$$$ LOL............

We use Chemical Guy’s spray wax on a Chemical Guy’s applicator and very sparinglyWhere in California are you located?