PDA

View Full Version : 05 rsx type S Black

davev24
05-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Whats the best prodcuts to use on a black car its a black 05 type s (some moderate swirls in it). because i know some waxes and polishes dont work on black cars really well. Anything you can think ofrecomend for a black car and a pc.

J.J.
05-11-2006, 12:05 PM
look around the "show it off" section. They all have black cars and they all give the products and process.

JJ

Way2SSlow
05-11-2006, 01:29 PM
I polished out an Nighthawk Black Pearl MDX with a good buddy of mine. I used Poorboys SSR 2.5, but I also noticed that it left some light marring in direct sunlight. I think the poorboys SSRs are pretty darn easy to use and might be a good starting point. If you go with 2.5, I would definitely reccomend follwing it with 1 or 2 to ensure that you dont leave any marring behind. That NBP really is a neat color. We sealed with EX and I was very happy with the result.

imported_reeeko99
05-11-2006, 03:05 PM
I just used #80 via PC and a polish pad and #16 x1 by hand on my Black Civic SI

Looks really nice.

#16 made it more clear than deep wet.

I`ve used SSR1 and EX x1 and IW x2 last year and that looked pretty good as well.

That had a more Wet look to it. IMO

I do plan to try VM/RM and some form of topper later this year. Maybe Natty`s?

I use SW and SG to help keep the dust off between washing`s.

Using some form of QD after LSP on Nighthawk Black really makes a difference IMO.

SG Helps with water spot`s during drying process as well.

Good luck. Enjoy the color, it looks great when its clean and prepped right.

Scud1373
05-11-2006, 03:41 PM
hey, nice car you have there. i got a 06` NBP rsx-s and i detailed mines and it came out perfect.

i used a lake country orange pad with ssr 2.5 followed with white polishing pad ssr 2.

then vanilla moose on the white polishing pad

then NXT wax with white polishing pad

nattys blue paste by hand

came out looking brand new.