PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs some advice

jeremyt0626
05-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Alright...I`ve always loved detailing my car, but have only used stuff off the shelf at my local auto parts store. I have a 2006 Ford Mustang GT. Its Black with the Red Leather interior. I`ve had it for 5 months now, and I`ve used the NXT and the TurtleWax ICE Liquid Polish, but I`m ready to give her a detail that will make her shine like she truely deserves.

What would you recommend a good wax set-up for the car. I don`t have a Buffer, so I`m looking for stuff that I can apply by hand. Then should I claybar it before I do this new wax set-up?

Also, what is really good leather cleaner, and shine to make the red really stand out?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

imported_steveo3002
05-10-2006, 11:43 PM
deffinetly clay the car

as for what wax set....have you got swirls that you want to deal with? how about maintence? do you want a long lasting product or can you wax once a week?

for leather most of us prefer a matte natural look..not sure what makes leather shine

jeremyt0626
05-10-2006, 11:50 PM
deffinetly clay the car

as for what wax set....have you got swirls that you want to deal with? how about maintence? do you want a long lasting product or can you wax once a week?

for leather most of us prefer a matte natural look..not sure what makes leather shine

Well I`m pretty good about washing my car alot, and keeping it clean, but I want a wax that is going to last a couple months atleast. Also there is a few swirls in it, but nothing major. So I probably want to do something to get rid of what is there

imported_GMCloud27
05-11-2006, 12:22 AM
You may want to try out Zaino Z-2 Pro since it has excellent durability compared to many carnauba waxes and has a great shine.

jeremyt0626
05-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Alright...I checked out the Zaino Website, and I think I`m gunna try a Zaino set-up to see how that works

imported_GMCloud27
05-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Sounds great and good luck! Hope you enjoy!

Zaino is a world in itself. I personally don`t use their products only since I prefer a more "pure" process with higher depth but with the drawback of low durability (S100/Souveran for Carnaubas). If I wanted a tad lower in depth (more depth I feel in Carnaubas) but durability for months, Zaino is the way to go. Of course some Zaino users feel that with proper use of the products, it can easily match a Carnauba

Cheers,

GMCloud