PDA

View Full Version : Leather repair.... BMW M3 with black leather..

2rocky2
05-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi guys,

I am buying a used M3, but the drivers/passenger seat leather has signs of `rash`.. The leather has been rubbed by getting in and out of the car and now has worn a bit and looks white where it should be black. This is on the edges of the seats.

Anyways, I am wondering what the best way to repair this is myself? I have heard of Leatherique but I`m not 100% on its use or if it`s what I should be using. Also, if anybody knows the M3.... can I just order `black` dye or do I need a custom color?

Much obliged for as much help as you can give.

Thanks!

afterx
05-10-2006, 10:47 AM
I would definitely check out leatherique (http://www.leatherique.com/). You can send them a sample of your seat and they can match it.

Five Star
05-10-2006, 07:27 PM
a dye will just make it less noticeable.

for proper repair you need to fill the rash, clone the grain, and dye it.

Call a professional interior repair company, there are many of them out there

Larrycolorglo
05-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi guys,

I am buying a used M3, but the drivers/passenger seat leather has signs of `rash`.. The leather has been rubbed by getting in and out of the car and now has worn a bit and looks white where it should be black. This is on the edges of the seats.

Anyways, I am wondering what the best way to repair this is myself? I have heard of Leatherique but I`m not 100% on its use or if it`s what I should be using. Also, if anybody knows the M3.... can I just order `black` dye or do I need a custom color?

Much obliged for as much help as you can give.

Thanks!

If you would email pictures of the seats I would be happy to advise you on the best method of restoring the seat with durability - I am an expert on leather restoration

94BlkStang
05-10-2006, 10:30 PM
If you would email pictures of the seats I would be happy to advise you on the best method of restoring the seat with durability - I am an expert on leather restoration

If the offer is open to others, I would love to send you some pictures of my Mustang seats and get your opinion if they can be saved and what to expect to pay to have it done.

Larrycolorglo
05-11-2006, 05:33 PM
If the offer is open to others, I would love to send you some pictures of my Mustang seats and get your opinion if they can be saved and what to expect to pay to have it done.

Sure - send them and I will be glad to give feedback.