Can anyone REALLY convince me of the actual difference between:

Showtime

Meg QD

Meg Speed Detailer

"Final Inspection" (oooooh, hehehe)

and others???

imported_smprince1
05-10-2006, 09:40 AM
My best advice would be to try them yourself and compare.

Many of the "perceived" differences are very subjective and according to personal preferences.

BobD
05-10-2006, 09:41 AM
My best advice would be to try them yourself and compare.

Many of the "perceived" differences are very subjective and according to personal preferences.

Agreed. There are so many quick detailers out there.

petp
05-10-2006, 09:47 AM
the 4 that you mentioned i find give the same results...which is a good thing.

the best ive used is the sonus carnuba QB.

the worst ive used it the NXT QD

BobD
05-10-2006, 09:48 AM

See, from my experience I find that Final Inspection and Mothers are both good but find the others to streak. That is why you need to try them out for yourself. ;)

Accumulator
05-10-2006, 10:12 AM
#34 always strikes me as a very "clean" QD; it leaves very little behind.

I use several QDs, basing my choice on what I want to accomplish.

ToyotaGuy23
05-10-2006, 11:15 AM

I have used all of these as well, I can`t tell a HUGE difference in any of them to be honest. The Mothers is a little less streaky, the NXT Speed detailer gave good results to me though, it would be a toss up between that and showtime.

I used Zymol`s a long time ago which yielded major suckage.

hook
05-10-2006, 11:23 AM
My experience has been that different QDs perform differently on the various LSPs...so I have a handful that match the LSPs I like and have....

djerickd
05-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Isn`t FK425 supposed to be the end all be all of QD`s?

Evenflow
05-10-2006, 11:46 AM
I`ve only heard good things about ClearKote Quikshine, im definitely picking up a bottle.

I`ve also heard good things about that Eagle One QD, and its avaliable at retail stores as well.

Mark77
05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
I use Optimum No Rinse as a QD, Dilute it 6:128 and it works great and it`s the cheapest QD u can find.

mblgjr
05-10-2006, 12:26 PM
425 is GREAT for final shine and doesn`t streak so long as you don`t use too much.

It is far superior to the Meg`s Mist and Wipe QD (dark red bottle).

Adam`s Polishes is offers nearly the same slickness as 425, but has superior cleaning ability.

I`ve used Spray and Gloss, Meg`s, and 425, for me, the 425 is the winner because of how it finishes off. It is VERY slick, almost like a quick wax but without the added effort.

TGates
05-10-2006, 12:53 PM
My favorite `universal` QD`s are Clearkote Quikshine, Adam`s Detail Spray, and Griot`s Speed Shine. I have had great success with almost all the QD`s I have tried, and believe me, I have about tried them all. Some stand out, though.... among the ones I listed can be added Sonus Acrylic Spritz, UGE, NXT Speed Detailer, One Grand Show Off, Z6 is great over Zaino and NXT sealants, Crystal Mist... really any QD that any of the reputable vendors around here carry are going to perform just fine.

drck1000
05-10-2006, 01:01 PM
I have the following:

Eagle One Spray & Wipe

Meguiar Quik Detailer

FK1 146 & 425

Poorboy`s Spray & Gloss

Quikshine

I also have:

Menzerna HGAS

FK1 FX-100

Sonus Acrylic Spritz

Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer

I actually use each for a different application. I use the EO for cleaning up bug splatter and bird bombs and also for applying AIO and SG. I use the Meguiar almost strictly for lube for clay (I also have the Clay Magic lube that came with the kit). I use 146 for cleaning door jambs and painted portions under the hood. I use 425 on the car that gets FX-100. I use Quikshine for glass after washing. Haven`t really used S&G too much.

I use HGAS after each wash and after applications of Four Star UPP on my car. Use FX-100 after each wash and after applications of EX-P on my dad`s SUV. Purchased Sonus Acrylic Spritz to help remove SG, but found that I didn`t need it. Purchased UGE to complement UPP, but found that I like HGAS much better.

I am sure there are many other uses, but these are the ones that I have been using. I don`t really use them as QD in between washes and I am afraid of marring as I am not sure about my technique. I should practice on an older car, but haven`t had the time. I know I could probably trim my collection down, but I ended up purchasing these as "add-ons" to other orders and consolidate shipping and I had wanted to try them out anyways. Out of all the those listed above, the Eagle One and HGAS get the most use.

drck1000
05-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Almost forgot, I`ve also used 425 on my TV screen and it worked REALLY well. I think it was Bence or another FK1 user that mentioned that they use on their TV and computer monitors. I do notice that it hasn`t picked up dust since appliation of the 425 or at least not as much as it used to. That`s the only application that I`ve tried QD`s beyond car use.