PDA

View Full Version : Wax application preference

the_wildcard
05-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi there, been trying to find this with the search engine but couldn`t find this specific question.

My question involves applying liquid wax.

For those who have used it:

1) Do you apply the wax directly on the car first? Or would you apply the wax to the pad?

2) And, how much do you use? A drop, quarter sized?

According to Autopia`s articles, it says to apply to the pad. But I`ve read some people like applying to the car surface first, then spreading it with the pads.

Thanks.

mblgjr
05-09-2006, 10:52 PM
I apply waxes by hand starting with about a quarter sized dot, then reducing from there, only using enough to get even coverage.

Putting the wax directly on the surface and then spreading really doesn`t get as even coverage and is relatively wasteful by comparison.

imported_smprince1
05-10-2006, 03:55 AM
I always apply the wax to the applicator pad, not the car panel. Once the pad is primed I think smaller than a quarter is sufficient.

Some people prefer to apply polish directly to the car panel and not the pad. I have never heard this about wax though.

Wasatch
05-10-2006, 05:59 AM
I moisten a foam pad first with some QD or water, then apply about a quarter size drop directly to the pad. As pad get`s primed, I use less product.

the_wildcard
05-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, it`s been a big help.