PDA

View Full Version : Problems removing AJ.....

-Lebowski-
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
This stuff is just a bear for me.

My question is if I apply it, let it haze (the WOWO method I dont care for) and use a few spritzes of Poorboys Spray and Wipe to remove it, does that harm the product or reduce the effectiveness of it?

imported_flatstick
05-09-2006, 08:40 PM
This stuff is just a bear for me.

My question is if I apply it, let it haze (the WOWO method I dont care for) and use a few spritzes of Poorboys Spray and Wipe to remove it, does that harm the product or reduce the effectiveness of it?

Well to be honest the WOWO method is the way to go. JW has stated there is not benefit to leaving the A/J haze. you will sacrifice no durability with the WOWO method. it also comes off very easy. also if you are getting a haze, you may be going way too heavy with it. these are my thoughts and this stuff has made some very happy customers for me the last few months. hope this helped out.I do not like the idea of using S&W to remove the A/J . maybe somebody else will jump in and confirm my thoughts.

Wasatch
05-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I put it on two panels at a time, no problem. I would not use PBs SW, I use Werkstatt`s Arylic Glos, that`s what it`s for. Try using a foam pad and use one straight motion to apply.

-Lebowski-
05-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Well I tired foam and I cant seem to get it in a uniform pattern. Maybe I will apply with the PC and then remove right away.

imported_flatstick
05-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Well I tired foam and I cant seem to get it in a uniform pattern. Maybe I will apply with the PC and then remove right away.

I did not like the foam either. please try a MF applicator or use less with the foam. a peas zise drop will do an entire fender on my Trailblazer. I will let gravity feed a drop at a time onto my MF pad and it will do 1/2 a fender then I wipe off. do the other half and on to the next panel. I use a back and forth motion going over any areas that I can " see " with the MF app without adding any product. the A/J will disappear this way. would not suggest the PC as you will waste way too much. think of less is much better . hope this makes sense and helps you out. have a good night.

gmblack3
05-09-2006, 09:51 PM
I do the foam one small section at a time, work it in and them remove it with MF.

I might try the MF app. next time around.

Scottwax
05-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Well I tired foam and I cant seem to get it in a uniform pattern.

You don`t have to on the initial application pass, just go back over the panel without adding more product and knock down any thick spots you see, then buff off with a clean MF. Once you get it down applying and removing AJ is a piece of cake.

-Lebowski-
05-10-2006, 09:54 AM
I did not like the foam either. please try a MF applicator or use less with the foam. a peas zise drop will do an entire fender on my Trailblazer. I will let gravity feed a drop at a time onto my MF pad and it will do 1/2 a fender then I wipe off. do the other half and on to the next panel. I use a back and forth motion going over any areas that I can " see " with the MF app without adding any product. the A/J will disappear this way. would not suggest the PC as you will waste way too much. think of less is much better . hope this makes sense and helps you out. have a good night.

I will indeed try that thank you and thank you all!

imported_flatstick
05-10-2006, 10:36 AM
I will indeed try that thank you and thank you all!

Well like Scottwax said, once you have " your method " down it is super easy to use. after looking at the details Scottwax did :drool: how could I resist trying it a few months back. we should all thank Scott for bringing this to our attention. I know it has made me and my customers happy :heelclick now if we can get past this darn shortage :grinno: