PDA

View Full Version : wax residue on plastic

nheidmann
05-09-2006, 04:27 PM
what works the best for removing white wax residue on trim? I have heard mr clean magic eraser, but was wondering if there was anything else...aslo does nattys blue leave residue like nxt? thanks.

carnut00
05-09-2006, 04:36 PM
If you have some PBs trim restorer use that with a cloth and some elbow grease and it will come right out.

sspeer
05-10-2006, 06:03 AM
There`s a product called Wax Blaster. I just received some, but haven`t had a chance to use it yet

bmwbear
05-10-2006, 06:26 AM
I use an old toothbrush. But for textured trim I have a toothbrush that I have cut the bristles to half length, this makes them stiffer and able to get out hard cured wax.

VroomVroom
05-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Wax Blaster is awesome. It`s become my go-to for this. It has a small foam applicator on the end of the bottle, and I use a nylon detailing brush for textured plastic and nooks & crannies. Honestly though, any APC will do the trick as well.

mx5
05-10-2006, 10:56 AM
This is not a joke. Try vegetable oil with a toothbrush. This works for most wax stains. You can use peanut butter also, as that contains vegetable oil. Vegetable oil helps dissolve the wax, but does not seem to affect the paint. This is the same type of idea as Murphy`s Oil Soap.