PDA

View Full Version : Yellow pad??

Evenflow
05-09-2006, 09:42 AM
I got my PC from Tropi-Care a long with three pads. Yellow, Orange, and Black. Im not sure who makes these pads, but I believe they are LC?

The velcro padding on my orange pad came off, and I was unsuccessful at glueing it back on. This leaves me with my yellow, and black pad.

I havent used my yellow pad yet, but will my yellow pad, and SSR2.5 be to aggressive for paint, and will I get horrible hazing from using the yellow pad?

s2skimon
05-09-2006, 10:14 AM
i think you`d get hazing with SSR3 and not with 2.

regardless, yellow is a heavier cutting pad than orange. I`d do a small spot and see the result you`re getting.

imported_flatstick
05-09-2006, 10:15 AM
I would say that you are going to need a new orange pad sooner or later. the yellow pad is agressive and does leave hazing at times. it does work well on finishes that are in bad shape but I do not use one nearly as much as the orange pad. this is my take on it, hope it helps. my opinion is that the orange pad is more versatile. let`s see what other people think :spot

D Tailor
05-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I agree with the above posts. On mosts paints, the Orange Pad is as "cutty" as you want to get. You can just work harder spots with heavier-cut polishes and compounds. However, in some cases, such as with VW/Audi paint, really bad paint only gets better with the help of the yellow pad. Amongst other in my arsenal, I currently have about 12 white pads, 10 orange pads, and 5 or 6 yellow pads. I use white the most, orange fairly often and rarely yellow. The black pad is for final polishing (even though it has no cut) or for glazing. You can get by with just the one and washing it out as it is used with light - medium speeds and no pressure (maybe slight). The swirlbuster is nice for an Orange pad replacement for its thickness. Makes working with it comfy. I don`t think it does more than any other orange pad though.