PDA

View Full Version : Tax Return Coming..what should I order?

RUBigDog05
03-06-2005, 08:39 PM
My tax return should be at home by the time I get home for Spring Break on Friday so I want to get a few items so I can do some detailing while I`m home if it is going to be nice. As you may or may not know, I picked up 4 packs of the Sams Club MF`s so I was thinking I need to get some of that Microfiber Restore solution to wash the microfibers in. I also would like to get some Poorboys Polish with Carnuba, Poorboys Wheel Sealant, Poorboys Spray and Gloss, a big WW Microfiber for drying, a Meguiars Polishing pad to use with the PPC. Is there anything else I should look into? I already have the following items:

PB`s Spray&Wipe
PB`s SSR 1/2
PB`s Pro Polish
PB`s Natty
Four Star Carpet/Upholstry
Pinnacle Clay
Variety of brushes
Tons of MF`s
Bug sponge
Megiuars&Edge velcro pads
PC 7336
Meguiars NXT products

....I don`t even know what else I have!

Myself or any of my family dont have leather seats so until I come across a customer that has leather seats, I`m going to hold off on leather care products.

holland_patrick
03-06-2005, 10:14 PM
how much do you have to spend

Clyclo????

RUBigDog05
03-06-2005, 11:12 PM
I believe I`m getting $289 back from the federal govt but not too sure what I`m getting back from the state. I need $100 to put towards my laptop payment to my dad($50) and another $50 towards my Best Buy CC. Another $100 will be drinking money for the last month and a half of my senior year of college so that leaves like $89 to spend on detailing stuff.

I would like to get a big WW MF, MicroFiber Restore, PB wheel sealant, PB Polish with carnuba....probably will just stick to that and hope I can get some more supplies for my bday

MS22
03-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Skip the micro restore and use some white vinegar in the wash. That way you can add a sealant, like UPP or EX-P, since I did not see you have any listed.

RUBigDog05
03-06-2005, 11:23 PM
I knew I forgot something....I forgot that I already have PB`s EX and EX-P. What does the white vinegar do? I think my mom would freak out if she saw me putting vinegar into her washing machine!

Poorboy
03-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Another $100 will be drinking money for the last month and a half of my senior year of college so that leaves like $89 to spend on detailing stuff.

:lmfao :rolling :beer but put the drink down before detailing:lol

Jngrbrdman
03-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Your federal tax return should usually be larger than the state one. My state return was about 7 or 8 times smaller than the federal one. My wife lets me put the state return directly into my paypal account to help me get started in the spring. :naughty

RUBigDog05
03-06-2005, 11:53 PM
:lmfao :rolling :beer but put the drink down before detailing:lol

Whats so funny PoorBoy??!?! :beer HAHAHA I wish that $100 would be able to last for a month and a half but my drinking gets out of control when I go to a bar. Good thing a new bar opened here that has Natural Light on tap for $4.00 a pitcher :beer Another bar down the road from this one has Keystone Light on tap for $3.75 a pitcher :bigups I love being at a small school where kids love drinking CHEAP beer!

Poorboy
03-07-2005, 12:02 AM
What about tipping the bartender or waitress:dunno :)

RUBigDog05
03-07-2005, 12:07 AM
I tip well if they keep me flowing the entire night

JaredPointer
03-07-2005, 09:32 AM
I see that you have SSR1 and SSR2, but I would suggest something a little stronger especially if you are doing "customer" cars. I have found that SSR2 won`t get out some marring that SSR2.5 laughed at. JMO.

John Styrnol
03-07-2005, 09:37 AM
I did not see any QD on the list. Also some dash/console dressing and some tire/rubber dressing.

RUBigDog05
03-07-2005, 02:13 PM
I have quick detailer, tire dressing and interior dressing. I HARDLY use quick detailer because there`s no point to it since my truck sits in the weather 24-7, I use cheap tire stuff because of the unpaved parking lots here at college and I usually just use low gloss armour all for the dash. I`m not a professional detailer or detail on a weekly basis so there`s no point in spending money on the good tire and interior products yet. Come June when I will be living with my parents again in the new house and have an open garage available all the time, that will be a different story...for now, I`m just trying to get by with the cheap stuff I don`t use very often.