PDA

View Full Version : Taste opinions needed (NOT DETAILING THOUGH)

Ed Fisher
05-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Alright now, don`t go flaming me for not asking something relevant to detailing :

I discovered a huge gash on my wife`s right forward alloy today. (We had left the car at a valet parking and well, I guess he is the culprit) The scratch I call a gash is by no way possible to restore. Let alone the clearcoat, even the alloy is gauged...

Now I hafta take a decision : paint em or trash em and go for a new set... I spent 400 bucks on them just 2 months ago and trashing them would be a shame... Wife likes them too, she says they are very pretty compared to the very thick spokes my wheels have...

So I decided to go paint them. Now comes the fateful question : What color do you guys think would suit her black beauty ?? (Please see the pic below to determine your color combo...

Thanks already...

http://www.electronicfiles.net/files/293/Getz2.jpg

tom p.
05-08-2006, 11:28 AM
why can`t you get the silver repair paint?

imported_steveo3002
05-08-2006, 12:09 PM
cant go wrong with silver

holland_patrick
05-08-2006, 12:30 PM
gold baby...

VroomVroom
05-08-2006, 01:40 PM
I`d probably go for painting only the damaged wheel to match (Wurth Sabestco?), but a carbon/graphite or even black finish would be pretty slick. Good luck!

chml17l
05-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I`d stick with the original silver.

http://www.autogeek.net/wurth-silver-paint.html

Ed Fisher
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I`d probably go for painting only the damaged wheel to match (Wurth Sabestco?), but a carbon/graphite or even black finish would be pretty slick. Good luck!

Yup; it is Wurth Sabesto. Also you have Caramba, Sonax and all from the Germans. They produce a wide range of wheel paint / laquer. (Guess they scrape around a lot !)

But I buy that carbon thing... I guess I`ll ask wife if she would like it or not and go covering them with carbon fiber... Or maybe get them powder coated with black and clearcoat them... And again, gold is another good idea, provided I find a pair of STI stickers :D