PDA

View Full Version : Will NXT over Klasse SG ?

Perm
05-08-2006, 03:39 AM
Hi,

Hope you can help......

I have recently applied the klasse twins to my dark metallic blue car. The car shine is great but it looks a bit sterile for me. Previously I has used Megs NXT and a loved the way it darkened and made my paint look wet and rich. In comparison the klasse twins have made the car paint look a bit flat.

Now should I apply a coat of NXT over my Klasse sealant or apply a coat of say Natty’s Blue ?

Thanks

Perm

Setec Astronomy
05-08-2006, 04:55 AM
NXT can be a great-looking LSP, but for the "Perfect Shine" I would top the Klasse Twins with a carnauba-based wax, the Natty`s Blue that you mentioned, Meg`s #26, P21S, something along those lines.

Perm
05-08-2006, 05:32 AM
OK,

Will see if Nattys Blue does the trick for me......... ( I was not sure if NXT would work over klasse SG as they are both sealants).

Just hope that Natty`s gives that deep wet look that I am seeking.

Fuuny I now realise just what a good product NXT is on blue cars.

Perm

TN9thSi
05-08-2006, 06:46 AM
NXT is great on blue cars, especially metallics. I have used both on my Lapis Blue Metallic paint and they each have their specific look. The NXT seems to make the flake pop a little more than normal and Nattys gives that wet, rich look. I used NXT and topped with original Natty`s and the results were excellent. If you have SG, Natty`s or Natty`s Blue would be my recommendation as an LSP.

EMazda3S
05-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I`ve seen mention here that NXT contains some cleaners.

I`m not sure about this but if it is true than it would be contraindicated to use over the Klasse twins as it would remove some or all of it.

I would agree with the above recommendations for using P21S,Natty`s,S100 or Souveran over the Klasse. Hoprfully, it`ll give you the depth you desirewith less sterility!

Eric

Matt M, PA
05-08-2006, 09:33 AM
NXT does indeed contain mild abrasives and chemical cleaners.

wannafbody
05-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Most preferr the NXT paste-I`ve read that the FK 1000P gives a very wet look

lex89
05-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Is Souveran worth it over Natty`s Blue to top SG on a jet black car?

imported_SHICKS
05-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Is Souveran worth it over Natty`s Blue to top SG on a jet black car?

I would say yes. My Dad has Souveran and it is pretty darn good. Durability IMHO is much better than s100(my other "wax") and the looks are much better on black or red. Very easy to use. I have never used Natty`s blue, but from using Souveran, I can`t imagine it would be better on black.

I recently tried OCW and really like it. On a freshly prepped surface it works great. I had above average results on non prepped surface, but some streaking. The looks are great.

Steve

eric77
05-08-2006, 08:21 PM
NXT does indeed contain mild abrasives and chemical cleaners.

yup and thats why you should never use nxt over any other sealants.