PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Discovery Today

YellarStang99
03-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Today I managed to get time to wash my car. It was filthy because it`s been raining all week. But anyway, I was cleaning the interior and vacuuming it out. After I finished I got to thinking about some stuff before I applied my NXT Cockpit Shine. I`m a cheapo (and a rising nOObie) and I don`t yet have any MF`s. But I`ve got plenty of terry cloths. I hate using the terry cloths on the interior (which is black) because they tend to leave a LOT of lint behind, which I usually have to end up going back to try and get rid of that. So, I went into the dresser and whooped out an old t-shirt and cut a good size hunk outta it. Hooo doggy, it worked a lot better than what I had been using perviously and the best part (for me) is it was free!

I`m gonna buy some microfibers shortly, but I thought I would share my "frugal" method with you guys. :beer

probegt
03-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Why not just use a foam applicator to apply it?

YellarStang99
03-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Why not just use a foam applicator to apply it?
Good idea. If I had one-a those I`d try it. Hafta pick up one and give that a try. Great suggestion. (as you can see, I need lots of help :P)

CharlesW
03-06-2005, 04:52 PM
I hate using the terry cloths on the interior (which is black) because they tend to leave a LOT of lint behind, which I usually have to end up going back to try and get rid of that.That comment really surprises me. I used terry towels for years with very little problem with lint. I still use them for a lot of interior cleaning and quite often use terry towels for windows. It sounds like there is something wrong with your terry towels or they are picking up a bunch of lint when being washed and dried.
FWIW, MF`s are great, but I do think I could still do a decent job of taking care of my vehicles without it.

Charles

YellarStang99
03-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I use the terry`s a bunch for waxing and what not and they do fine, but they don`t do well for me on my black int. for whatever reason.

The point really, is I that I solved my problem. However unconventional and whatnot it may seem, it works for me so I`m a-gonna use it.

CharlesW
03-06-2005, 06:35 PM
The point really, is I that I solved my problem. However unconventional and whatnot it may seem, it works for me so I`m a-gonna use it.And that`s the truth.:)
Whatever works for you is the way to do it.

Charles

joyriide1113
03-06-2005, 11:08 PM
careful on using those t-shrts on your paint.. some t-shirts contain polyester and that from my knowledge sracthes