PDA

View Full Version : I just sold my bike to invest in detailing cars

eternalx88
05-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I`ve been detailing cars for two years and a couple months ago. I made a post a while ago about how someone has asked me to opened a detailing shop in there gas station in order to attract customers to the gas station. Well, that did not work out. Anyways, I finally sold my beloved bike, 2004 Honda CBR600RR.

In a few months, I want to invest some of the $12000 I made into detailing cars. Within the 2 years period, I never have really gotten a big list of clients. I did not do much advertising, and I did not even have business cards. The way I advertised was through Craigslist, and other forums. Mainly online because internet now a days is a new age of advertising.

In terms of advertising, what do you think is the best approach? Setting up a website, and hand out flyers in neighborhoods? There is a shop a few miles away from where I live and they get many customers every day (around 2-5 cars a day). I`ve talked to the owner, and I feel that my work is much better. In fact, the service manager has asked me if I want to work there at a rate of $10 an hour. Do you think is wrong to work there, and advertise house calls?

It`d be nice to have a shop soon, but the demand isnt there right now so its not necessary. Any advice from you guys would be great!

doged
05-09-2006, 04:40 PM
You have a PM