PDA

View Full Version : Washing Vehicle inside Garage

shelshel
03-06-2005, 02:56 PM
I have a double car garage (26x22) and would like to be able to wash my vehicles inside. My garage already has a water supply, drain and great lighting. The only problem is my workbench, kids bikes etc. are in the garage too but I still have plenty of room to work.

For those of you who wash their cars inside how do you do it without getting everything wet? I know I could do QEW but I rather just wash the traditional way with a hose.

I was thinking of just putting up Tarps and attaching them to a wire that I would string on all four sides.

Is there a better way or any other suggestions???

GregCavi
03-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I washed in the garage in the winter. I will explain how i did it. I have drains in my garage so keep that in mind. I would pull in the car into the empty 2 car garage. I would have a few buckets of water and with a small cup i would pour the water over the car. With the car wet i could then wash the car the traditional way ( 2 bucket ) rinsing the mit after each panel. To rinse i would again get buckets of water and pour water over the car with the cup. I would finish the winter toro leaf blower and drying towel to dry. I used a floor squegee to dry off the floor when i was done.

HOpe that helps.. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Greg

CharlesW
03-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Since I don`t have any drainage, my suggestion is conjecture, but...
Could you wet down the car and rinse the car with a low pressure water supply?
Kind of like when you do a final rinse before drying.
I use a length of hose cut from an old hose with a cheap shutoff valve on it for my final rinse. I would think it would work good for your purpose as well.

robman
03-06-2005, 06:04 PM
I use a length of hose cut from an old hose with a cheap shutoff valve on it for my final rinse. I would think it would work good for your purpose as well.

Thats exactly what I do when I do a hose wash! Mostly S&W now though.

GregCavi
03-06-2005, 07:50 PM

Hey charles that is a great idea!! You always come up with great ideas. Im jealous. I am definately going to do that next winter!

Greg

CharlesW
03-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey charles that is a great idea!! You always come up with great ideas. Im jealous. I am definately going to do that next winter!

GregYou`re jealous?????
You and shelshel are the ones with heated garages, water supply, and drains.
I`m the one that has to make do with my construction heater and Spray & Wipe.:) Which works pretty good, by the way.

Charles

shelshel
03-06-2005, 09:38 PM

That`s a great idea. I was concerned about the over spray but with your system that would almost be eliminated.

GrussGott
03-06-2005, 09:45 PM
I was thinking of just putting up Tarps and attaching them to a wire that I would string on all four sides.
Wal-mart sells extra long clear industrial shower curtains that you can attach to just about anything running along your ceiling. The curtains don`t have to touch the floor so they work well (I think they`re 8 feet).

You can mount them by attaching some lengths of PVC type tubing to the ceiling with a slit cut in the bottom. For hangers you use small lengths of lamp-pull-chain connected to a shower curtain ring with the chaing threaded into the slit. This set up allows you to string together a bunch of shower curtains so that at wash time you just pull one large curtain all the way around your car. When you`re done you can push it out of the way or even build a small closet.

dddetail
03-07-2005, 01:34 PM
I have this book http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=434&51195828-15731aaa and theres a good section on setting up a wash bay in your garage. The rest of the book is really good as well. Definatly worth the money. Sorry, I dont have a scanner or I could send the pages.
Good luck

Scott P
03-07-2005, 02:16 PM
I havea flexible rubbber hose nozzle from NAPA. Went bent, the water flows out like the end of a hose. I like not having to spray everything else in sight.