PDA

View Full Version : Just did my first detail with PC and Sonus products, cant get minor scrates out

hock2k5
05-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Hello,

I purchased the Sonus Buffer kit on monday and it got here friday along with the yellow, white and blue buffing pads and the SFX1, SFX 2, and the Paint cleanser polishes, with P21S Caranuba wax to finish the job.

I will post pics tomarrow.

The car is an 02 dark blue 325i bmw, and it had lots of swirls and minor scratches.

Most of the swirls came out, but the minor scratches (cant get it with fingernail) and the ones that i can get with fingernail i have no luck at all with. An there are still some swirls that i cant seem to get out.

Im using the Yellow pad with sonus sfx1. I first started out by using it on speed 3 and just using the weight of the PC. That didnt seem do really do anything, so i put more SFX1 on and applied a little pressure, going the 1" per second. Still nothing. So i cranked the PC up to around 5 and applied modorate pressure. Still nothing on the minor scratches. After doing the SFX 1, 2 and the paint cleanser, it definitly looks more glossy and distinct, but i cant get these scratches out.

Do i need to get something more agressive and a 4" pad? The main scratches are on the hood and trunk. I got a good majority of scuff marks off just using the above methods.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Adam