PDA

View Full Version : New Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel...review

Pages : [1] 2

03k20a2
05-04-2006, 01:20 PM
well i was at target the other day and saw this new Armor All Extreme Tire Gel and decided to try it out. it comes with an applicator that has a little groove in it to put the gel in when you apply it to the tire. the tires were first cleaned with my degreaser and dried. the bottle says that the shine gets stronger in a few minutes after application, they were not kidding...it is shiny. i really dont like my tires shiny but im always up for a change. anyways heres a pic of it. i just want to see how long it lasts now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/03k20a2/newest%20pics/IMG_1820.jpg

Overall:

Very Easy to apply with the applicator

A very bright shine to it, actually gets brighter over time

Doesnt sling, tried it off about 10 mins after application

Durability unknown so far

imported_Chris223
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM
I`ve tried it before... I will not be buying it again. I scrubed my tires with a tire brush using a seperate bucket with a little car wash soap in it and water, then after washing I applied the gel, drove the car later that day and my friend (who likes to use a lot of the products I use on his car) said "Did you forget to apply tire shine or something after washing?" Enough said, I wont be buying it again. Durability is bad imo... 2 days later, your tires will look clean... but not shiny. My search continues for VERY shiny tires... products I`ve tried so far:

Armor All Detailers Adv. Spray Foam

Black Magic Tire Wet Foam

Armor All Extreme Tire Gel

Anyone else wanna give me a suggestion on a tire shine dressing out there that really leaves the tires shiny??

wannafbody
05-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Try Mothers FX tire shine

VWdriver
05-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Weird, your S-03`s have the same scuffs that my old ones used to have. Did you get them from the tire rack?

imported_mrecktid
05-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Hot shine or Extreme shine work pretty well.....................as for durability? Uhhhhhhh if you reapply every day I guess you won`t have to worry :)

03k20a2
05-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Weird, your S-03`s have the same scuffs that my old ones used to have. Did you get them from the tire rack?

no i didnt...ordered them from discount tire

SVECobraR
05-04-2006, 05:08 PM
4* tire shine

imported_themightytimmah
05-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Chemical Guys Extreme Oil-Based shine leaves a great gloss and very black-looking tires, but it`ll sling if you don`t let it dry for a while. This was one coat, buffed off. It`s much shinier if you just spray it on. Still, it`s the best glossy shine I`ve seen yet.

http://image26.webshots.com/26/5/69/48/383256948GgvwXi_ph.jpg

Nobuff2tuff
05-05-2006, 05:08 PM
I`ve tried it before... I will not be buying it again. I scrubed my tires with a tire brush using a seperate bucket with a little car wash soap in it and water, then after washing I applied the gel, drove the car later that day and my friend (who likes to use a lot of the products I use on his car) said "Did you forget to apply tire shine or something after washing?" Enough said, I wont be buying it again. Durability is bad imo... 2 days later, your tires will look clean... but not shiny. My search continues for VERY shiny tires... products I`ve tried so far:

Armor All Detailers Adv. Spray Foam

Black Magic Tire Wet Foam

Armor All Extreme Tire Gel

Anyone else wanna give me a suggestion on a tire shine dressing out there that really leaves the tires shiny??

Chris,

Try Chemical Guys Wetshine Dressing.

Leaves them shiney and the shine last till the next visit (week later).

Scottwax
05-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Clearkote`s tire dressing is shiny and very durable. 3-4 weeks, rain and washing and they will still look pretty decent. Shine will be less but the tires will still have decent gloss and be very black after washing.

areaseven
05-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Meguiar`s Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel.

http://areaseven.net/cars/mustang/a7mustang58.jpg

the0ne
05-05-2006, 11:52 PM
I dont like this gel, my shine goes away within the next 3-4 days.

victory
05-14-2006, 11:57 PM
I`ve been disappointed with every armorall product, especially their tires shines. the durability just sucks.

imported_bigfoot
05-15-2006, 04:24 AM
I`ve been disappointed with every armorall product, especially their tires shines. the durability just sucks.

True, but IMHO, I think AA is good, even though it does not last long as other products, is easy to apply, gives a good shine, and is cheap. And IMO, why do I want shiny tires when my car gets dirty?? :hm

chml17l
05-15-2006, 06:20 AM
The Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel is just too extremely shiney for my taste. :bolt

The Meguiar`s Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel pic that areaseven posted looks better IMO. How long does the Megs GCEHGT gel last?