PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss - any opinions?

Pages : [1] 2

ncsu602
05-04-2006, 06:17 AM
I`ve been using Duragloss ever since I`ve been driving, I know it`s pretty good. I still use the wash, it`s the best stuff I`ve come across yet. I know their sealant #111 isn`t a Zaino killer, but how good is it? I bought some yesterday (new shaped bottle, not the Zaino bottle) along with some Aquawax. So far I`m very impressed with the Aquawax. Any opinions?

TigerMike
05-04-2006, 06:24 AM
I`ve used the DG line for a while also. IMO, they are highly underrated products that can be found locally. Polishes (silicone polymers) seem pretty durable, lasting several months, and are easy to use. I would say the polishes are more durable than many of the boutique sealants used on this forum. Wash solution is one of the best out there, IMO, as it cleans well and leaves a nice gloss. Leather cleaner and condiditoner are great too.

I am highly impressed with the new AquaWax. I think it is far and away better than OCW. I persoanlly do not think OCW is providing much paint protection after a decent trial. Others may think differently, but I just was not impressed. The AW beads longer, is slicker, and looks great! I`ve noticed my car stays cleaner much longer with the AW than it did with OCW as well.

I think DG are great products. I used Zaino for many years and if it wasn`t available any longer, DG would be my choice. In fact, I alternate using the products anyhow.

Mike

ncsu602
05-04-2006, 12:12 PM
I always thought Duragloss was great, but haven`t had any experience with it in the last few years. I definitely haven`t used it since finding this site. I know it`s not gonna be Zaino, EX-P, or FMJ that I already have. For $7.99 though, I`ll try it out. I haven`t seen it on a properly prepped surface yet.

Any more replys? I just realized there`s a discussion of this in the Shoutbox!

I wonder what it would look like topped with Natty`s?? :idea

wannafbody
05-04-2006, 12:28 PM
The Duragloss sealant is quite durable but IMO it doesn`t have the gloss of Zaino or the warmth of Mothers Reflections. Spilchy pm`d me saying he felt the Aquawax was excellent. I plan on giving it a shot. The car wash is very good but I felt that NXT was slightly better in our hard water.

AL-53
05-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Try their paste wax #104..a little tricky to use...you need to go real thin ..but the final results will impress you...after 2 coats it will look like water on the paint...just make sure your paint is preped good..

the bonding agent makes a world of difference with thier products...it is like AIO and ZFX combined...it is a little grabby buffing off ..but it is worth it in the end...do 2 coats of the wax and then aquawax....WOW

AL

EMazda3S
05-05-2006, 11:50 AM
I remember using a QD of theirs that was available at the local auto parts store a few years ago and it was an excellent product. Almost similar to Wizard`s Mist and Shine and Clearkote`s QuickShine but it was less expensive. I`m going to track it down again.

Eric

mx5
05-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I remember using a QD of theirs that was available at the local auto parts store a few years ago and it was an excellent product.

I agree this was a great product, and it had anti-static properties. Smelled like Static Guard and left a nice shine. They don`t sell it any auto stores around me anymore.

TigerMike
05-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Here is a list of stores where DG can be found: http://www.duragloss.com/duragloss-stores.asp

I find it at CarQuest

I agree, their QD product is called Fast, Clean, and Shine. Works great as well, has a nice smell (very close to Zaino Z6), and leaves a great shine. The AquaWax is better though, as it leaves a nicer gloss and much more protection than the FCS.

:)

ncsu602
05-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Since I`ve been on a Duragloss trip here lately, I went ahead and picked up some of their Polish Bonding Agent. I don`t have any trouble finding it since I bought it at a store less than 5 miles from where it`s made. :bigups We`ll see if it helps any, I haven`t had a chance to use it yet but will in the next few days.

One thing I`ve noticed about the Aquawax is that it seems to get better after time. I put some on last night and this evening it seems much deeper than it was last night.

I`m excited to see how it looks, I`ve never used it after a full multi-step detail.

AL-53
05-29-2006, 02:39 PM
ncsu602..

If you are going to do the full monty with the Duragloss line... Useing the Bonding Agent..Polish #111...do a proper surface prep...after you polish your paint apply the bonding agent..then wait till it hazes a bit..then apply the clearcoat polish#111 right over the bonding agent...let it haze awhile..then remove...

if you feel needed... apply a second coat to ensure complete coverage no bonding agent needed on second coat....remove...apply some Aquawax after that..I was told by Duragloss it was ok to apply after a polish...then relax...

Next day admire what you see....very nice and slick gloss...

Al

victory
05-29-2006, 02:44 PM
I love the aquawax over collinite, but i have no other experiance with their products. I`d like to try their was and QD.

wannafbody
05-29-2006, 04:25 PM
The polish bonding agent also works under other polymer sealants

Sherman8r44
05-29-2006, 04:28 PM
The polish bonding agent also works under other polymer sealants

Really? The people at Duragloss told me it wouldn`t, but IDK.

wannafbody
05-29-2006, 08:13 PM
according to the bottle it says it works with polyaminosilicone products-others here have used it with Megs 21 and some other products. As to how much it helps I`m not sure.

JimHare
05-30-2006, 01:33 PM
I`m in the midst of doing my Sable Black Deville. I decided to go all synthetic with this car, and see what came of it.

Wash

Clay

AIO

so far. Have one coat of Duragloss on it, and it looks pretty nice, actually. Goes on easy, comes right off. Very deep look. I`ll post some pix when the whole car is done.