PDA

View Full Version : raw egg on paint

imported_jerseyguy
05-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Somebody decided to go out one night last week and pelt cars with eggs. of course my truck was hit with one. The next day I walked out to my truck and discovered that there was egg yoke all over my door on the paint. I immediatly went for my hose and washed the egg off. After drying I noticed that there were still lines streaming down my door on the paint where the yoke of the egg had dripped down. I then took out my P/C and went to work with my Menzerna Final Polish 2. After a few applications it looked like I had gotten the yoke off the paint. So I used my Menzerna F.M.J. and called it a day. Later on that night at work I had pulled up to my truck with my company vehicle, and I noticed that the lines were still there, while shing the headlights on my truck it appeared to be still there. Anybody have any advice on how to get this stuff off my truck? Thanks...

White95Max
05-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Try a more aggressive polish and/or Klasse AIO.

Did you get any pits from the eggshell?

Steve02SLT
05-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Every time I`ve heard of someones paint getting hit with an egg its cracked the clearcoat. Is that what you`re talking about? If it`s still the actual egg product on there, maybe try a mixture of water and rubbing alcohol? Or hit it with the clay bar maybe?

imported_jerseyguy
05-03-2006, 11:37 AM
no pitts, but just lines from where the yoke ran down the side of the paint. I don`t think it damaged the clearcoat. I`ll try klasse aio. I have some at home.

antidote11
05-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Klasse AIO and a lot of elbow grease.

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2006, 02:31 PM
I have marks like this from an egg attack on the C-pillar of my car. I have never been able to get them out.