PDA

View Full Version : How to Wash Wash Mitt

intence
05-03-2006, 12:31 AM
What`s the best way to was a Lambswool Mitt after cleaning the car. Can they be machine washed, or should I just soak it in water to get all the dirt out?

a.k.a. Patrick
05-03-2006, 05:16 AM
I like to just agitate and rinse mine in some wash soap. I wouldnt think the wash machine would be the best idea? But theres some who do it.

jdhutchin
05-03-2006, 07:06 AM
I primarly use cotton chielle mitts, which can be washed in a machine. I don`t think you can wash lambswool mitts in a machine- it`ll destroy it depending on exactly what kind of mitt it is. I`ve heard woolite in water does a good job of cleaning it.

Accumulator
05-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I wouldnt think the wash machine would be the best idea? But theres some who do it.

I`m one of those who wash their sheepskin mitts in the washing machine when they need it. I use Woolite and hot water and multiple rinses (with white distilled vinegar in the last one). NO problems at all and my mitts (from the Autopia store) are in great shape after more than a year.

bmwbear
05-03-2006, 11:22 AM
I`m one of those who wash their sheepskin mitts in the washing machine when they need it. I use Woolite and hot water and multiple rinses (with white distilled vinegar in the last one). NO problems at all and my mitts (from the Autopia store) are in great shape after more than a year.

I wash mine in a washing machine as well, I use the "delicate" wash setting with a double rinse cycle. After the final spin I hang it from my detailing rack to air dry.

Accumulator
05-03-2006, 11:23 AM
I use the "delicate" wash setting..

Yeah, me too unless it`s really dirty (which isn`t very often). I too air-dry it, I suspect the dryer might be pretty hard on it but that`s just a guess.

imported_mrecktid
05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
A dab of woolite and an extra rinse cycle, it`s practically almost dry after the spin cycle.

Air-dry and I`m good to go.

groggy23
05-03-2006, 12:03 PM
I`ve done it to mine quite a few times and its starting to loose its wool quite a bit actually. I don`t use any cleaner of any sort, just water w/ cold cold setting delicates and warm dry setting. The first few washes were ok but now its starting to fall apart on me.

Lowejackson
05-03-2006, 12:21 PM
I regularly wash mine by machine without any problems but I have never tried using a dryer

imported_mrecktid
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
I`ve done it to mine quite a few times and its starting to loose its wool quite a bit actually. I don`t use any cleaner of any sort, just water w/ cold cold setting delicates and warm dry setting. The first few washes were ok but now its starting to fall apart on me.

You know several of my old ones are actually beginning to do that, I wasn`t quite sure if it was the machine wash, but maybe it is.

Even if I "gently" pull at the fibers on the mitt when it`s dry, some still comes off.......

eyeguy
05-03-2006, 01:01 PM
I`m guilty of using the machine too. I`ve got a front load washer and it seems gentle enough. I only use cold water too. I`ve washed my mitt at least 6 times with no problems.

Pennypacker
05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
I`ve washed my Eurow and Lambchop (werkstatt) mitts in the washing machine along with my mf towels. I use the delicate cycle too, along with an ounce of Micropak cleaner. I`m guilty of putting them in the drying machine (also on delicate setting). The mitts come out looking brand-new...far better than the results I got by trying to hand wash them. I haven`t yet had any problems. Gotta` love the fluffiness of a freshly-washed mitt! :)