PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar’s NXT Worth It?

Pages : [1] 2

Mass. Wine Guy
05-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I care about how my cars look, but not enough to spend hours every week on them. A weekly wash and a waxing every month or so (more if needed) is about my speed.

It`s been a while, but I used to use Klasse`s twin products and liked them. Is Meguiar’s NXT liquid wax anything similar, better, worse? Does it last a while, easy to use?

Thank you very much.

mblgjr
05-02-2006, 05:36 PM
The ultimate shine of NXT only lasts about a week. It does seem to protect for around 3+ mos on my garage queen.

My DD never sees a garage and the NXT seems to last about a 1 1/2 month before it starts trailing. This is with minimal (every 2 week) wash jobs with the Meg`s NXT wash soap.

For the money, I would use Natty`s Blue paste. Its cheaper, looks better, lasts longer and works just as easily.

imported_Bence
05-02-2006, 05:55 PM
NXT paste is significantly more durable than the liquid, applies deliciously, and looks great!

tguil
05-02-2006, 08:12 PM
If you wax every month, durabilty should not be a problem. If you don`t pick up a lot fo dirt or contaminants I`d simply apply NXT every six week (or more often it you get the urge). Right now ColorX is my choice of wax for my black Hemi and my wife`s white Tacoma. It gives a nice deep shine on both black and white, has cleaners and is very easy to apply and remove.

Tom :cool:

01bluecls
05-02-2006, 08:13 PM
NXT is a great look and decent durability and very easy to use. If you dont want to order online and can get NXT locally then its worth it. Also look into the FX line from Mothers which I heard is a little better than NXT (Subjective)

Scottwax
05-02-2006, 08:45 PM
NXT paste is significantly more durable than the liquid, applies deliciously, and looks great!

Agree 100%. If you want easy great looks, NXT works very well.

aznt1217
05-02-2006, 08:55 PM
like everybody said... nxt is great. Durability is only 2-3 months. Shine is awesome.

metal
05-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Haven`t tried it, but where can I find Nattys Blue?

natebood
05-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Haven`t tried it, but where can I find Nattys Blue?

Autogeek, Danase, and Exceldetail all have Natty`s Blue.

metal
05-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks! :)

Mass. Wine Guy
05-03-2006, 06:58 AM
I`ve only used liquid wax. Are there any major differences or tricks to using paste wax? Is the NXT easy to apply and remove. Do I basically let it dry to a haze and use a microfiber towel to remove and buff it out?

Thanks again.

tom5781
05-03-2006, 10:10 AM
My routine is to wash,NXT wax,wait 18-24 hours and 2nd coat of wax. I piled on 2 bottles of it last year and the shine is awsome. I`m sure there is 1000`s of guys on here that can do better.I have it to the point where if it could be nicer I don`t care. Love the NXT.

jimmie jam
05-03-2006, 01:46 PM
My routine is to wash,NXT wax,wait 18-24 hours and 2nd coat of wax. I piled on 2 bottles of it last year and the shine is awsome. I`m sure there is 1000`s of guys on here that can do better.I have it to the point where if it could be nicer I don`t care. Love the NXT.

the thing about NXT is that it is SOOOO easy to apply/remove that every 5-6 weeks for the bling result is well worth it!!!! besides, nothing can replace a fresh wax job`s look, nothing!!!! just MHO. :cooleek: :)

tom5781
05-03-2006, 02:56 PM
When I park NeXT to another red car,my car is still red and theirs look orange. I agree that it`s easier to wax than to wash it.

strat81
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I`ll have to vote against NTX, at least the liquid version. I didn`t find it easier to remove than most other waxes and the shine and swirl-hiding ability is gone after a week. I`ve also noted it tends to streak for the first day or two. Sometimes QD won`t remove them. Everyone says the paste is much better, so I might pick up a can when I have the pressing need to buy something for my car. Beware liquid NXT on your trim, it stains (at least it did to me).

You mentioned you used to use the Klasse twins in the past. I`ve started using them recently and love the look. They look great together, but I topped with #16 to take the edge off some of the reflectivity. I also like applying AIO and SG since I can apply them `carelessly` and touch trim with them. In fact, with AIO I intentionally go over the trim. It returned my flat black door handles to new condition.