PDA

View Full Version : 3 lines of Meguiars Products?

bmwbear
05-02-2006, 07:05 AM
OK Guys (and Gals), Meguiars has 3 lines on detailing products (Meguiar`s Brand, Mirror Glaze Brand, and Detailer Brand) listed on their web site, which is the best?

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/

Scottwax
05-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Best for what?

I stick with the #80 series Professional (Mirror Glaze) Products for polishing. Meguiars brand is consumer level and Detailer line is geared towards high volume shops.

This page is your friend....

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Professional%20(Mirro r%20Glaze%20Brand)%3EAuto%20Paint%20Care%3ECar%20P olishes%3ECleaner/Polishes&sectionID=31402

bmwbear
05-02-2006, 07:45 AM
This page is your friend....

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Professional%20(Mirro r%20Glaze%20Brand)%3EAuto%20Paint%20Care%3ECar%20P olishes%3ECleaner/Polishes&sectionID=31402

Thanks Scottwax. I was thinking the same thing, but just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Another question though, I have used a few of the new NXT products (NXT Generationâ„¢ Tech Protect, NXT Generationâ„¢ All Metal Polysh, Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray (Trigger)) listed under the Meguiar`s Brand with great results, as a general rule would the Mirros Glaze products be better?

Scottwax
05-02-2006, 08:55 AM
For what you are using the NXT products for, I am not sure there is even a comparible Mirror Glaze product, other than #21 Sealant in place of NXT wax.

Meguiars says that NXT is their best protecting wax but a lot of poeple here and over at meguiarsonline say that #21 is more durable, in that it beads and stays slicker longer.

Setec Astronomy
05-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Hmm...this question is kind of like asking which is the best GM vehicle, Chevy, Pontiac, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Saturn, or Hummer? Some products are very similar, some overlap, some are unique, they are targeted at different markets, etc.

BigAl3
05-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Some products are very similar, some overlap, some are unique, they are targeted at different markets, etc.

very true, and just because something is from the consumer line... doesn`t mean it`s less of a product than the professional one....

bmwbear
05-02-2006, 10:27 AM
very true, and just because something is from the consumer line... doesn`t mean it`s less of a product than the professional one....

Well I appreciate everyone`s opinions, but I think I have now reached the "product overload" stage... :doh

I guess like anything else it really comes down to personal preferance.

BigAl3
05-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I guess like anything else it really comes down to personal preferance.

agreed. there are some products that i`ve tried and am not to fond of, where others loved it. to each his or her own... good luck with your choices!

wannafbody
05-02-2006, 11:36 AM
NXT paste is probably the best OTC Megs product-the professional products are designed for machine application. 80 is a good all purpose polish as is Mothers PowerPolish

GeorgePaul
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
OK Guys (and Gals), Meguiars has 3 lines on detailing products (Meguiar`s Brand, Mirror Glaze Brand, and Detailer Brand) listed on their web site, which is the best?

Most of the Mirror Glaze and Detailer Brand products can be obtained in larger quantities (e.g., gallon) than the consumer Meguiar`s Brand stuff, and are "best" in term of value.