PDA

View Full Version : Are these pad/product combos correct?

R1000ccRider
05-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Am I using the right product with the right pad?

SSR2.5 on an orange pad

SR1 on a white pad

Poorboy`s Polish with 100% Carnauba on a White pad

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze with a black pad on lowest speed

Poorboys Blue wax on a black/gray

Buffing the wax off before it dries with a wool pad covered with a MF bonnet.

Are these correct? This the correct order? I am spreading product at 4 and then working it in with 5.5-6...

imported_MP525i
05-02-2006, 05:35 AM
i would like to know as well, since i use the same combo`s. everyone keeps saying for heavy swirls i should use a yellow pad and ssr2.5, is this correct?

-mike

R1000ccRider
05-02-2006, 06:52 AM
I have heard that a yellow will cut too fast for a beginner to use...I had to go over my bikes tank several times with ssr2.5 to get rid of the buffing and scratches I had from the paint because of my mesh coat.

Accumulator
05-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Note: I`ve never used the any Poor Boy`s products or an orange light cutting pad.

Other than my unfamiliarity with the exact polishes in question the pad selection should be fine. I`ve used the yellow LC cutting pad many times with no problems other than the expected micromarring. IMO you just have to use some common sense.

No need to use a super low speed when applying KSG by machine. I prefer to do it by hand (thinner application that way) but you can use more speed if you like.

I let my waxes *dry* before I buff them off. Never causes a problem as long as I apply them properly thin. I experimented with some "don`t let them dry!" type waxes and even when I let them dry for over an hour they came off easily. Note: don`t try this with Victoria, or so I`m told.

I prefer foam pads under my MF bonnets as the wool ones tend to comress and lose cushioning rather quickly.

R1000ccRider
05-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I did notice that the combos worked well on my 2000 Integra that hadn`t been washed all winter. Why does Klasse seem to be hard to remove once it dries? The wool pad does compress alot after use and seems to get real hot. I am going to try and buff my wax off with a mf bonnet over afoam pad next.

Accumulator
05-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Only times I`ve had trouble buffing off KSG is when I put it on too thick. But plenty of people just find it hard to use and I`m not in favor of struggling with products that are a PIA.

You might try fogging the area with your breath before buffing. It seems to make it go a lot easier for me and doesn`t compromise the KSG in any way that I can tell.

R1000ccRider
05-03-2006, 09:41 PM
How about misting with QD?

hook
05-04-2006, 08:16 AM
I am going to try and buff my wax off with a mf bonnet over afoam pad next.

I tried this for the first time last night, buffed off Souveran liquid using a MF over an orange pad. Speed 4 seemed about right, and it came out awesome!

How about misting with QD?

I`ve used that technique sometimes for SG removal. Finally realized a longer drying time (over an hour, if possible) made it wasier to remove. Along with microscopic-thick layers, of course.

blue skies,

Andrew