PDA

View Full Version : Have An Idea About Selling/Buying Items...

Kool_ZX3
05-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I was wondering something and have already mentioned it to spoiledman..... This is going out to david here mainly, how about a 100 post minimum to sell/buy items. I have noticed how some people sign up and their first posts are to sell items... No offense to anyone but some people have been taken advantage by this before and many other forums i am a member of require you have atleast 100 posts to be able to access buy/sell forums. It gives people a chance to get to know the seller/buyer and make sure he is basically legit. Anyone else think it is a good idea?

Joshua312
05-02-2006, 04:57 AM
I was wondering something and have already mentioned it to spoiledman..... This is going out to david here mainly, how about a 100 post minimum to sell/buy items. I have noticed how some people sign up and their first posts are to sell items... No offense to anyone but some people have been taken advantage by this before and many other forums i am a member of require you have atleast 100 posts to be able to access buy/sell forums. It gives people a chance to get to know the seller/buyer and make sure he is basically legit. Anyone else think it is a good idea?

I agree I know which post you are reffering to and the first thing that popped into my head was..."This is his first post and he`s sellingsomething to us already?" - However you did send a pm haha :) Anyways, I think its a good idea - Just to be safe against those people who are trying to scam us

SpoiledMan
05-02-2006, 05:40 AM
:soscared: I nervously agree myself.

Kool_ZX3
05-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Yes i PM`d him myself and actually bought some stuff, hopefully i get them.... Seems to be an upscale guy and he is a premier paypal member so i am confident.

There have been cases though where people have been scamed on other websites though, so i just thought i`d pass it along before things go sour. It`s a simple way to try and keep scamers away :bigups

Wasatch
05-02-2006, 07:02 AM
Just because someone has been here awhile don`t let that fool you either. We do have some rip-offs here.

Kool_ZX3
05-02-2006, 07:40 AM
Just because someone has been here awhile don`t let that fool you either. We do have some rip-offs here.

Ohhh don`t worry but it`s better then having someone with 3 posts looking to sell stuff cheap ;) Someone looking to make a quick buck will not want to make 100 posts first.

Wasatch
05-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Right, but just be careful.

Bobby G
05-02-2006, 08:46 AM
I can put that in the rules, but I`m not sure how it can be enforced.

SpoiledMan
05-02-2006, 08:50 AM
How about this David, we can police each other?

Kool_ZX3
05-02-2006, 09:19 AM
I can put that in the rules, but I`m not sure how it can be enforced.

It`s actually in the forum program itself i believe, they are not able to post inside the buy/sell forums until their post count is over 100.

boywonder
05-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about. We are currently looking into this.

SVECobraR
05-02-2006, 10:12 AM
yeah but i had under 100 posts here for a while and still do look like a newb but i`ve made more than 10 trades. You can go to the trader ratings and verify that with anyone i`ve listed or been listed by.

spotter
05-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I have made around 10 trades and the only one that welched had 21 posts.......my bad!