PDA

View Full Version : Four Star products

slammin86
05-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I did a search, but did not come up with anything.

For those of you who have used the four star product line, how did you like it and what product did you use?

drck1000
05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I use UPP and UGE. I really like the way that UPP brings out the flakes in my metallic silver car. It`s really slick the first couple of weeks or so and the beading is still going strong after 5 weeks and almost daily rain. I`ve been washing weekly and applying HGAS after each wash, which probably has helped the beading. You`ll find that many here like UPP with their light color metallics, especially silver. That said, I also have a few other combinations that I want to try, but UPP is a definite keeper.

The jury is out with UGE. I tried it last week after washing and HGAS was easier to apply. UGE seemed to want to be worked in more, whereas HGAS was a true wipe on and wipe off product. And UGE didn`t seem to be as slick as HGAS. It may have needed a day to finish curing like FX-100, but it rained the next day and I didn`t have a chance to notice.

docker
05-01-2006, 05:11 PM
I love the 4* line, from the Auto wash, to UPC (cleaner), to UPP and UGE. I agree with the previous post that UGE seems to need to be worked in more than it should.

UPP was for the longest time my absolute fav on my magnesium metallic. Goes on easily, wipes off easily and leaves a very slick, durable finish. Great flake popping.

imported_smprince1
05-01-2006, 05:26 PM
I have used 4* Clay, UPC, UPP, and UGE. Working together they leave a very slick, reflective paint finish. Extremely easy to apply/remove.

The auto wash shampoo is very gentle but effective (smells good too).

The Pro line Spray Wax plus was decent, but there are better products in my opinion.

Cam07
05-01-2006, 07:22 PM
I`ve used their leather cleaner and conditioner for a while now. It works great and I love the smell of the conditioner.

JasonD
05-01-2006, 08:22 PM
+1 on the leather conditioner. Great stuff, and it smells good too.

imported_Chris223
05-01-2006, 09:12 PM
I was thinkin about trying out their Sealant, mostly because I want a durable wax/sealant to put on my car for winter, I wax my car every month, sometimes twice a month during the summer just because I`m obsessed with the shine :chuckle: and I use Gold Class from Meg... which don`t get me wrong, leaves a GREAT shine, but I`ve heard it has durability issues (Haven`t used it long enough to know) so I was thinkin about buying the 4* Sealant and if I don`t get enough shine, top it with Meg GC. Just glad someone made a post about these products... I`ve never heard of it but it looked interesting enough.

a.k.a. Patrick
05-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Four Star :wow:

percynjpn
05-02-2006, 03:31 AM
UPP is my current favorite on my champagne gold Nissan, for both ease of use and excellent shine and depth! I recently used it for the first time on the wife`s medium green metallic, but was slighlty disappointed compared to the gloss that 1Z Glanz usually gives it (I get the opposite on the Silvia).

UPP is by far the *slickest* LSP I use; after removal, if I lay a MF on the hood, it just slides right off. Excellent product!

hook
05-02-2006, 11:06 AM
I`ve been using UPP on my car (Star Sapphire Pearl blue) for a while, and like the depth of shine and the slickness. I like it better than my previous combo, AIO/SG topped with Souveran. Haven`t yet tried topping it with the Souveran. I still use AIO for the base under the UPP.

It has a deep, wet look. The UGE spray maintains the slickness and wet look very well, but as noted previously seems to need to be worked in a bit more than other QDs.

blue skies,

Andrew

TSXWench
05-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I`m thinking of making the transition to UPP. I have been using Zaino Z2, Z6, Z8 exclusively on my metallic silver car but it`s kind of a drag to do the whole mixing thing with the ZFX (although I`m pleased with the finish and the ease of application). My question is, can I seamlessly switch over to UPP or do I have to start all over and remove all my Zaino with some sort of paint cleaner. I really didn`t want to have to do that :confused:

wannafbody
05-02-2006, 11:33 AM
you can put UPP over Zaino

DM101
05-02-2006, 12:57 PM
I would remove it with one of Menzerna`s polishes.

I`m thinking of making the transition to UPP. I have been using Zaino Z2, Z6, Z8 exclusively on my metallic silver car but it`s kind of a drag to do the whole mixing thing with the ZFX (although I`m pleased with the finish and the ease of application). My question is, can I seamlessly switch over to UPP or do I have to start all over and remove all my Zaino with some sort of paint cleaner. I really didn`t want to have to do that :confused:

yas
05-02-2006, 01:06 PM
you can put UPP over Zaino

congrats of post 2000 :D

romar
05-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Can anyone chime in on the look of UPP over IW? I`m looking for a little extra pop on a light-green metallic, without compromising the durability of IW.