PDA

View Full Version : overspray in engine bay

tanha
05-01-2006, 11:12 AM
A friend of mine recently had his car repainted. The painter did a terrible job, not only is the paint full of dust nibs, but there`s overspray all over. We`ve taken care of most of it, but now the big problem is the engine bay. Everything under the hood is covered in a white mist! We successfully polished off the valve cover, but literally everything else has overspray on it. Any ideas on how to tackle this problem?

DaVeeD
05-01-2006, 05:16 PM
i would like to know also... i have slight over spray on some soft rubber parts

Ed Fisher
05-01-2006, 10:02 PM
A friend of mine recently had his car repainted. The painter did a terrible job, not only is the paint full of dust nibs, but there`s overspray all over. We`ve taken care of most of it, but now the big problem is the engine bay. Everything under the hood is covered in a white mist! We successfully polished off the valve cover, but literally everything else has overspray on it. Any ideas on how to tackle this problem?

Ever tried a rag dampened with a bit of thinner ? (Should be cellulosic since almost all car paints are cellulpsic)

You can always apply some polish, sealant and wax or protectant afterwards...

tanha
05-02-2006, 04:41 AM
Wouldn`t thinner damage anything made of rubber? If not, I wonder if I could mist it into the bay in order to get the thinner into the tight areas, and then rinse it all off and clean it all properly.

I`ve started polishing some of the hoses and harnesses, but I don`t know if it`s possible to get it all by hand.