PDA

View Full Version : Questions about NXT

Flat-6
05-01-2006, 10:43 AM
After all the good things I have heard about it, I picked some up Sunday for use on my Galaxy Black(metallic) Nissan Titan. I have a few questions though I couldnt find a non mixed opinion on by searching.

prep,

groits shampoo

megs, smooth surface clay

NXT-used incl. megs applicator dampened with some QD.

1st- The consistancy of the product dosent seem to lend itself to application like my usual Groits nuba. With the Groits I can load up the aplicator and "spread" it for nearly the entire side of the vehicle to get a thin coat. However the NXT seems creamy and more like hand lotion, it seems to stick to the vehicle and wont "flow"? very well. Do you guys just use an extremely small ammount and then re-load the aplicator numerous times to get an even thin coat, I seemed to get a heavy spot everywhere I first touched the aplicator to the paint, and couldnt get it spread out very well.

2nd- it left streaks in a few spots I know this is user error, but it seemed to come off great like the rest but just left streaks. Too little or too long on the truck or is that more of a prep thing?

I was very impressed with the product, very wet, deep black finish and a good hide on my light swirls. Decent pop on the metallic, really changes the color though, in the sun there is usually a noticable purple/navy hue to the paint from the metallic, but this sort of minimizes that.

DM101
05-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Spread it out on applicator well. Yes you probably waited to long but you know it bonded....Don`t sweat....happy detailing

00xtreme
05-01-2006, 12:00 PM
i just used the NXT wax a few days ago for the first time and i thought it was good, but then again its the only wax i`ve used, so my opinion is pretty much useless

DJ Trackie
05-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Get the paste version, it will spread much better and last longer on the pad. It will also glide on smoother.

As for the streaking it could be a number of things:

1.) was the surface prepped/cleaned well before?

2.) Did you let it sit for at least 15 minutes for NXT to fully cure to the paint?

3.? Did you apply too much product?

kb798
05-02-2006, 12:51 AM
I used to get lots of streaking with NXT, but after cutting down how much I use as well as letting it cure longer, it`s definitely helped. A dime size amount of NXT liquid wax is enough to do about half of my Prelude`s hood. After placing the product on the pad, I blot along the length of the hood to distribute the wax, and then start spreading it. I like to let the wax cure for about 20-30 minutes, and it really does become a lot easier to remove it when it sits there for a while. The only caveat about that is if you`re in a windy/pollen infested area, you can induce marring when you buffing off the wax.

Flat-6
05-02-2006, 05:59 AM
Thanks for all the input, I think my problem with the streaking was related to not allowing enough time to cure, as well as probably having a bit too much product on the paint. Dj Trackie, I am using the paste version, but I do like the idea of blotting around on the paint to distribute then working it out. Thanks again everyone!

mblgjr
05-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Excess product and insufficient cure time will cause streaking.

Generally following with a QD works wonders for any streaked areas.

Good luck.